1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Merging sub forums

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by MarcPollitt84, Aug 3, 2015.

1. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    might it be worth merging General Discussions on LF and Non-Music Chat on LMF, given that they are two forums that are the same.

Might increase some traffic to each one and give everyone chance to chat to the strangers from the "other" forum ;)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

No, go play up your own end of the forum lol

4. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    You mean the posh end, scratter!

;)

5. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

lol wow! Banter on this forum, that's a first. There may be hope for this forum after all.

6. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I support Marc's suggestion...and Mexico75 smells of wee

7. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

I am deeply offended by that remark Staypuff, I'm reporting you to admin so you get banned lol, and yeah I think it's a good idea really.

8. AgentW

AgentW Member

Despite misgivings about thread derailment and suchlike, on balance it could be piss funny. And maybe it isn't such a bad thing to get people out of their comfort zones now and again. Plus, there doesn't seem much point in merging two forums (fora?) if the means still exist to keep them separate.

Leave Music Chat separate though, eh? At least for now, anyway.

9. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

I'll put it to the site owner, the same thought had occurred to me. We merged a number of sections on Leeds Forum a while ago as there were quite a few and I felt it diluted the discussions.

10. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Yeah, music chat and musician resources should deffo be kept seperate

11. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

We need to keep music chat completely separate from everything else. The non-LMFers can then go and see how successful we've all been with our musical careers.