1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Meet Up

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by Darren Major, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    I'm willing to meet up with you all to break bread, buy a drink and openly discuss my political theories frankly, as a vehicle to further our mutual understanding and future cooperation.

I propose the Brudenell.

Names pls.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    does the drink involve bleach?

4. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    Your choice. I would certainly hope so.

5. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Alas i don't think i'll be able to make it.

6. JoeBRG

JoeBRG Member

Favourite Bands:
    Radiohead/Shellac/Wu
    Break bread with your enemies?

Awfully middle-eastern of you, that.

It'd be a bit more tempting, if

A) You hadn't referred to rape on the other thread as a "quick, forgettable shag". I try not to hang around with drunken "degenerate strangers."

and

B) You had any political theories outside of BLOODY STUDENT LEFTIE SCUM, COUNTRY'S GONE TO THE DOGS.

I might be in the Brudenell if you were to drop in, but you wouldn't be able to tell me from all the other bleeding heart lefties force feeding innocent white children curry and converting them to Islam. You know they let women in there too though? IN THE MAIN BAR!!1!!1!

7. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not one of these people that hates other people for having radical views as long as they don't condone hurting people.

However I'd rather not sit around in a pub talking about politics. It's just so fucking boring.

8. JoeBRG

JoeBRG Member

Favourite Bands:
    Radiohead/Shellac/Wu
    See, I love sitting round in a pub talking politics - I sat and listened to a mate of a mate slating the Green Party the other day in the Brude, in between all the usual sport/music/news pub chat. I told him that I was a member of the Green Party and because we're adults we had an actual discussion, which was good craic. Darren's proven himself incapable of that :(

9. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think
    Darren... it's my round... for the 17th time... WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRINK???

10. JoeBRG

JoeBRG Member

Favourite Bands:
    Radiohead/Shellac/Wu
    :lol:

11. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

Tremendous!

12. N Brown

N Brown New Member

IF I WANTED TO SIT AROUND GETTING BORED BY RACISTS WITH SHIT MUSIC TASTE, I'D GO AND SEE THE IN-LAWS.

THANKYOU I'M HERE ALL WEEK.

13. alfonse

alfonse Member

14. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    So absolutely nothing I've said in either my threads regarding the grooming issue or judy finnigan's remarks, are to be considered an argument and/or rebuttal of some of the points made here by other contributors? You honestly believe that? I've gone out of my way to fuel my arguments with content. If you can't see that, fair enough.

15. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

You've gone out of your way to provide a thin veneer of structured debate to an underlying, unshakable prejudice whilst accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a student leftie.

16. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    That's unfair and heavily distorted. Every one of my arguments is filled with substance, otherwise I'd have no argument to fight for in the first place.

17. Daimo

Daimo Member

I fail to see the distortion in what Stu said.

18. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    Distortion occurs when irrelevant biased feelings about an individual are injected into opinions regarding said persons ability to argue, construct, debate etc. Obviously I'm not liked very much here, I can see that. And I think some of you, well, nearly all of you are falling for the obvious tactic as a means to obscuring my valid points, as opposed to staying on course during a debate, without allowing 'hurt feelings' to get in the way. Which is a shame. But not surprising.

19. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think
    You don't debate anything though. You're rude and you don't respond to any questions. It's pointless.

20. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    I responded to the bulk of my two previous threads. I can't help it if you're not on track.

21. N Brown

N Brown New Member

You're a 'New Right' troll feller, for ****'s sake, why would anyone want to come and meet you and talk about muslims or slutty white women who are letting their proud race down or whatever? people have their lives to lead. You're fucking obsessed and maybe you are that lonely that you want to meet ANYONE even if they are dirty lefties. Or maybe you just want to get some names and personal details together and give 'em to your mates at Redwatch? You need to go on a course to help you with starting conversations and make friends. Your internet decorum is very poor. I don't think you are a happy man.

ALLEN GETS A BONER FOR THE "14 WORDS".