1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Mastering

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by JohnBarnes'sHubCaps, Dec 31, 2015.

1. JohnBarnes'sHubCaps

JohnBarnes'sHubCaps New Member

Morning

I couldn't find a thread on mastering.

Just finished mixing a new album and was going to master it myself but I've put some much blood sweat and tears into it, feels like I should hand the mastering over to an expert and for some independence.

Would be interested to know other people's experiences. It seems that access to established mastering engineers that have mastered well known albums is fairly easy and the online service seemingly makes things easier...

a. Can anyone recommend any good engineers - would rather go local if poss
    b. What is a reasonable price for a 10/11 track album - seems to be £1k - £1.5k for a good engineer

My stuff is quite lo-fi and raw and want to keep that dynamic.e don't want something too shiny, compressed to the max and so loud it bursts your ears drums.

Cheers

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Daimo

Daimo Member

I've always used Tom Woodhead at Hippocratic Mastering, incredibly good at what he does, very well priced and a quick turnaround. He mastered our album earlier in the year, 12 tracks and I think it cost us around £320, all done over the internet too.

Give his website a look. I can't recommend him highly enough.

http://www.hippocraticmastering.com/

4. JohnBarnes'sHubCaps

JohnBarnes'sHubCaps New Member

Great, cheers Daimo.

5. alfonse

alfonse Member

Seconded on Tom W

6. GreenThunder

GreenThunder Member

Favourite Bands:
    Black Lace
    Thirded.