1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

LOTHERTON HALL STEAM FAIR June 2nd 3rd 4th

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by Acebikerchick, May 21, 2012.

1. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

I will be going. Love a Steam Rally. But its not on Lothertons events page. Mmmmmm. Saw the signs for it yesterday near Golden Acre Park. Has anyone heard about it??

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

I've seen posters in local shop windows advertising it. No idea why it isn't on Lotherton Hall's website though.

4. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

Ahh thank you, at least I know i didnt halucinate it....

5. Seraphim

Seraphim New Member

Hi there. Was at Lotherton Hall today and no sign of anything- eventually asked a maintenance guy who said it's definitely on- but no details. Can't find any info- the organisers website just says that a new website is coming soon!! Really want to go but now not sure.... Anyone got any more info?....

6. Croggy

The Steam Fair is on Saturday 2nd June until Monday 4th June, at Lotherton Hall,
    Aberford, Leeds, LS25 3EB.

What further details do you want and I'll have another look at the posters when I'm passing the shops.

7. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

Im going Sunday. Cant wait...

8. Seraphim

Seraphim New Member

Hello there. Was just wondering about start/ finish times, if the poster has them.... Cheers

9. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

Yep id like to know that too. Though im just gonna turn up around dinner time on Sunday.....

10. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

Found out that it opens at 10am and closes at 5pm.
    Theres a antiques fair on as well.
    But.........................Its 8 quid to get in!!!! Blimey.
    Were still going though, just gonna take sarnies....

11. Croggy

I was just going to post the prices, but you've beaten me to it, lol.

I think it is open 10:00-17:30. Car parking is free, but entry is £8 (as ABC says) for adults, £7 for over 65s, £4 for Under 16s and Under 5s are free.

You can also get a family ticket for £20.

12. monstermollie

monstermollie New Member

Went to the steam event today, unfortunately only five (big) steam engines there - and as the wagon brining the coal had been stuch on the motorway the mini steam engines were running late !! amaturish approach - why wait until the morning of the event to bring the coal

The guy doing the public address did say unfortunately not everyone had turned up today because they were working - so why have an event on a Saturday when only five engines could be brought there - felt a bit short changed, as we still had to pay full price.

wouldn't go again

A few others we chatted to commented it was the only steaam event without the steam engines they had been to!!

shame really could have ben soooooooooooooooooooo much better
    M

13. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

Oh blimey. Dosent sound good. Maybe i should be thankful that we were put off by the rain today. May not bother going tomorrow then. Going to the cinema instead today. Thanks Monster.

14. andymorph

andymorph New Member

hi all,been today to the so called steam fair for a hour what a complete waste of time and money .And who gave the bloke the job on the mike once he told you what there was to eat he was lost for words .what a waste of time and £16.00 did ask for a refund but got told carnt be help for weather and turn out wont ever go again

15. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

today my goodlady and i were mugged out of £16 at the lotherton hall so called steam rally,apart from the fact there were hardly any steam traction engines at the event, threre was little else there, no events on attractions other than some old cars, which drove into the event arena to be presented by an inarticulate presenter with a dodge pa system, colin crompton srings to mind, we took our time in walking round an suffered the colin crompton style presenter for several minuites and still only managed to kill just over one hour,we have been to many free entry events with far more to offer,a total waste of time an money,

16. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

who do i email to ask for a refund,

17. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

Oh god. Now im very happy i didnt go. Feel a bit guilty for posting this now. I promise that if i hear of any other event it will be better than this one.....

18. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

any and every other event as been and must be better than the lotherton steam fair, what i would like to know is, who got my £16 pounds entry, for which i got very little, indeed it spoiled our day ,if we had known we would have gone elsewhare, the last steam fair i visited was at temple newsome an it was excelant a full day out, to the organisers of lotherton steam fair,i would say £8 per entry at least dick turpin wore a mask.

19. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

can anyone tell me who were the organisers of the lotherton hall steam fair, i would like to ask them how they sleep at night, after robbing so many people, at least dick turpin wore a mask,

20. andymorph

andymorph New Member

hi,the people who ran the so called steam fair are outdoorshows.co.uk tel number is 08432 897931 they are also running the one at nostell priory in september which we usally take our old car to so you know now to give this one a miss this year

21. spannermonkey

spannermonkey New Member

my girlfriend and i attend many such events, the last one being the vintage bus rally at heathe commom the total cost of £4 for us both, we are always delighted to see the loveingly cherished and restored classic cars some of which we have seen again and again at different events, they are a credit to their owners, however the fiasco at lotherton hall undermind the this consept ,as national trust members we regular visitors to nostell priory , the lotherton hall steam fair was the most overpriced and dissapointing event we have ever attended now i know the outdoorshows are going to be running an event at nostell i will not be attending that one.