1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Looking To Get A Gig In Leeds?

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by davelms, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we are a pub in Dewsbury looking for bands to play our venue :)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home Thats our facebook page.

Contact us on here or via facebook to book gigs with us

we are looking to put bands on every friday saturday and sunday and also have some wednesday slots available!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello! My names Charlottie - I'm sorry if this post isn't suppost to be on this topic. I'm looking for a gig, I'm 17 years old, 18 in March. I play Acoustic guitar and sing, and I write my own songs and sing covers. I play a lot of different genre's.. Acoustic, Jazz, Indie, Rock. I'd love to just get my music heard. E-mail me if you would be able to give me the oppertunity - Charlottie1994@googlemail.com

Thankyou so much for reading this!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. fenton

fenton New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Kleine Schwein
    The Fenton is back....room hire can be free or just £75 including pa and soundguy so you can run a show and amke some cash....also looking to book bands and hire an in house promoter, call in, message here, new website under construction.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

InnerCityMiracle

Are hosting a gig at Eiger Studios(http://www.Eigerstudios.co.uk for more info) in Leeds City Centre on the 25th of August (Saturday)

1 Band has been confirmed but we have an opportunity to put another 2 bands on the card.

We are looking for new/up and coming bands who are looking for some face time and promotion. Our aim is to help give a kick-start to local bands who are struggling to get themselves noticed.

No fees required as the gig is fully established and paid for.

please contact general@innercitymusic.co.uk for more information.

ICM
    http://www.innercitymiracle.co.uk

ICM are a non profit events management company, if you are looking to aquire gigs you may be interested in helping you. Please send a brief explanation of who you are and how you want us to help you to the email address above.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

can you add me.

www.innercitymiracle.co.uk
    general@innercitymiracle.co.uk

A none profit Event Mangment Company.
    We will book and run our own events at diffrent venues across leads and put unsigned and untested acts on to play. We wiill generally foot the cost of the event and look to recoup just our costs from the tickets sales. We only take what it cost us ( never make a profit)

Thanks
    Kurt

( PS also looking for young bands who are struggling to play at events with an age limit)

8. davelms

davelms Member

Favourite Bands:
    Not Telling
    On the right hand side of that page is the Submit option.

9. JamesColeyMusic

JamesColeyMusic New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Ed Sheeran
    Anyone in the the Leeds scene needing a singer/guitarist for acoustic gigs/open mic nights...

I'm from WF3, between Leeds/Wakefield, and currently play local pubs and events and am looking for gigs around the region. I have a 400w Yamaha PA system and am prepared to travel, and provide all required kit.

Example performances are on my web site and YouTube:

http://www.jamescoley.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesColey1

Kind regards

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey,
    Well I know this forum is to get gigs in Leeds but if you just hear me out you will see why I'm on this page.
    I need to try raising £20,000 in the hope of saving my mum from the cancer she has and basically I'm trying to put a band together, so hard at the belittled age of 14
    So if any of you have anything to offer, bands, advice anything please message me would be great help
    Thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, please can anyone help us find a gig?
    We are called Famous Villains, a 5-piece alternative rock band featuring Anthony Lindley (ex The Wallbirds lead singer. Toured with Pigeon Detectives, Scouting for Girls & The Wombats to name a few) we would really apreciate your help. Go to www.facebook.com/famousvillains to listen to our tracks. Thank you.
    famousvillains@live.co.uk

12. JackRoberts

JackRoberts New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Loud Bands
    Hi, I'm in a band called Dead Party Scene, and on the question of getting these gigs. How would you go about asking these guys/gurls? Would it be a proper formal gig request with press bio etc or just a friendly informal message. A bit new to the game, never really had to deal with getting gigs always been asked or someone else has got the gig.

Thanks, Jack

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Jack,

Ive contacted your band Via Facebook over potential gigs.

Thanks
    Kurt
    ICM

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you do get a band together and would be looking for gigs, Id be glad to put you on to one of my cards.

Contact me directly, General@innercitymiracle.co.uk.

If you set the subject of the message to FAO "Kurtis Lamb" It will come directly to myself

Regards
    Kurt
    ICM

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm a 3rd and final year student at Leeds College of Music studying Ba Hons music production. My project this year is to record and produce an album and I am looking for a singer/songwriter to work with. I have use of professional studios and equipment so if there is anyone that wants an album produced completely free of charge feel free to contact me on here.

16. benn99

benn99 New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Jimmy Eat World
    Don't forget, Leeds Music Scene now has a Youtube channel that runs weekly playlists for gigs coming up in the area. If you're a promoter / band playing the area, send the date, venue and link to a YouTube video (preferably live with good audio) to @benn99 on twitter.

17. WAM

WAM New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Warrington Bands
    Some handy links here!

18. OwdEar

OwdEar New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Magic Band
    Booking shows for Amateur Assassins (Jesus Lizard, Captain Beefheart, Can, Stooges)
    Can you help?
    Email us .... owdearrecordings@outlook.com

Review from Collective Zine - ''It’s callow and awkward. It takes the brash, twisted structures of The Jesus Lizard, combines it with twangy, minimal post-punk like Gang Of Four, and fronts it with an agonising, torturous vocalist, like if Guy Picciotto, Iggy Pop and Cedric Bixler were to merge into one single being.''

www.facebook.com/amateurassassins
    www.soundcloud.com/amateurassassins

19. loscripis

loscripis New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Pixies
    Hello!
    We are Los Cripis, a band from Buenos Aires,
    Argentina and will be on tour from tomorrow.

We will start our uk tour on Bristol and will be in Leeds on 26th july.
    We really want to have a gig at Leeds but we coudn't contact any promoter.

If anyone who reads this know any promoter o gig we can play will be so much help fro us.

This is our website.
    www.loscripis.com.ar

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
    Los Cripis

20. davelms

davelms Member

Favourite Bands:
    Not Telling
    Did you mean the 26th ... or the 16th? Your site shows you're in Galway, IE on the 26th.

21. FredBloggs

FredBloggs New Member

Favourite Bands:
    CR@SS
    I'm starting a gig night at The Fenton Leeds called THE REPUBLIC OF FENTONIA. After the new year, it will probably be every Friday, but for now it'll be most Thursdays and a couple of Wednesdays....who wants to play at the inaugural gig? It might be this Thursday (14th), depends how quickly we can get things moving...if not, then the following Thursday (21st). The gigs will be broadcast/recorded via mixlr.com on The GHOST & GUESTS Radio Show. Bands, solo artists, poets, comedians....most genres will be considered (not metal, not my thing, and there'll be other nights for that here)....cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater