1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Looking For Gigs to Showcase Rock/Metal/Goth!

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by MTHEO, Dec 3, 2010.

1. MTHEO

MTHEO New Member

We are Black Moon Rising...

We are looking to get gigging in Leeds a bit, I work in Leeds and prob moving close in the new year, just don't seem to be able to get contacts and such to line up gigs. I've messeged a few venues but I know how many messeges they can get!

so if anyone has any venue suggestions or other like minded local bands that want to do some gig swapping or something then please let me know.

cheers!!

spamming thing won't let me post myspace...

but it's pretty much the normal myspace with /blackmoonrisinguk at end

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

contribute enough to the forum and you can post links to your site.

4. MTHEO

MTHEO New Member

Cheers yeah I realise that, have about 4,000 posts on sheffield forum haha, just havent been spurting out as much rubbish on here as yet

5. banjo banjo

banjo banjo New Member

Hi there

A great venue without ripping off customers is Beaverworks. Mostly does club nights but I have seen bands there before. The actual staging area really needs to be seen (there are massive prop fans sourced from a Leeds Grand Production). As for a perfect sound, well speak with the manager, Graham, as he will be more than happy to discuss it with you. A very nice fellow.

Here is the link

http://www.beaverworks.co.uk/

Or you might phone Graham direct on 07943 814078

Good luck my friend.

(you might have to 'zoom in' to see those stage props on the site.

6. MTHEO

MTHEO New Member

thankyou, i'll be sure to look into it, appreciate it

7. grafter

grafter New Member

sounds like you may be a bit heavy for a wmc you could try Martin (landlord south leeds pub) 0113270815

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  8. grafter

grafter New Member

sorry wrong number it is 01132701859

9. banjo banjo

banjo banjo New Member

There is also 'The Primrose'. Walking distance from Hyde Park and known for the 'Eavy Stuff. The bosses have been there for over a deacade and they do promote bands. I must advise you though; Do not engage in the local cocktail of Bacardi Breezers mixed with a bottle Gold Label. My mind has never been the same since...

10. jcowbell

jcowbell New Member

The Primrose is closed, and has been for a long time.

11. banjo banjo

banjo banjo New Member

Closed? Nooooooo. What with this and finding Santa doesnt exist my day has been ruined.

12. stevenkaz

stevenkaz New Member

Have you tried The New Roscoe? http://www.newroscoe.co.uk/home.asp

13. jcowbell

jcowbell New Member

Get out to gigs. See what kind of gigs you want, and who with. If you see a band you like, speak to em. Get a show together.
    And do it yourself. Book out a venue/room. Make the night your own, and you'll have a better chance of making money.

14. the assessor

the assessor New Member

try the golden lion in pudsey and the thornhill arms in stanningley, both have had metal/ etc bands on in the past

15. Lucy_Highlight

Lucy_Highlight New Member

We're currently looking at putting live music on at Highlight, and are hosting our first goth night on March 13th, drop me an email to highlight.leeds@intertainuk.com and I'll see if our promoter is interested in having some live music!