1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

London/Leeds people - help required - NEIL OWEN/TEST SPACE

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by N Brown, Oct 17, 2014.

1. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Hiya

Can anyone here help me? Anyone know Neil Owen who runs the Test Space art organisation? I know he's mates with Tom Martin. It used to be at the Corn Exchange in Leeds then a few years ago he went to London to try and make his fortune. He took absolutely loads of my artwork/t-shirts etc saying he would have no problem selling them. Since then he's sold precisely £7 worth of my stuff, anyway, that's by the by and I can't blame him for that per se. However now for the last couple of weeks I've been trying desperately to get my work off him. Have tried various times over the last few years and he's always vagued me off but I didn't think it was a problem as I knew where he was and presumed it could wait.

Anyway he seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet and I can't get hold of him. No response from texts or emails. Website doesn't seem to have been updated for ages, facebook page dead and gone, last Tweet in May. I'm trying to work out whether the place is actually still open. Does anyone know?

This place:

http://www.testspace.info/

I need desperately to get my work back. I am very very fucking pissed off and don't actually want to see him in person as I'm too fucking angry. If he's died or had a breakdown or summat then fair dos but otherwise he's got some answering to do...

Anyone know him? Anyone London based know if the place is still up and running?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. pinerd98

pinerd98 New Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Joy Formidable
    Re: London/Leeds people - help required - NEIL OWEN/TEST SP

I just sent an email to Test Space, but it bounced back.. doesn't look good I'm afraid!

4. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Ah cheers dude, yeah, I tried the 'info' at test space one and it bounced back...however 'neil' at test space didn't bounce back, which is strange. But yeah it doesn't look good. Pissed off coz I could have been selling the stuff myself. I am tenacious like a dog with a bone though and I will get to the bottom of this! HE WILL LEARN!

5. N Brown

N Brown New Member

maybe Tom Greatorex might know something as he is a London art man. It's only times like this that I regret not having a personal Facebook account anymore really.

6. Re: London/Leeds people - help required - NEIL OWEN/TEST SP

Where is it geographically? Happy to walk past if it's east/central/south and i'm passing (**** west london).

7. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think

37 Camden High Street (via Symes Mews), NW1 7JE.

8. Re: London/Leeds people - help required - NEIL OWEN/TEST SP

Oh.... Camden... next time I want to go somewhere to drop litter and step over puking crackheads I'll take a look.

9. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think
  10. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

Hiya Noah!

I don't know an awful lot about Test Space but I'll be off to Camden in the next couple of days and I'm more than happy to drop in and ask about it all for you if you like?

11. Hatch Records

Hatch Records Member

Favourite Bands:
    Nine Black Alps

Asking Tom Martin is probably your best bet. Neil disappeared off facebook a while back though I did see him at Tom's wedding a few weeks back so he's still alive I think.

12. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Cheers for the responses folks. Yeah I should be able to get hold of him through Tom M. Hi Tom G! Thanks man but it's OK, pretty sure there won't be anyone there, looks like Test Space has crashed and burned, probably more likely to find him in a branch of Greggs or McDonalds now I would have thought, or selling used travelcards or putting prozzie adverts in phoneboxes (do they still do that?).