1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Local Community Theatre and Singing Opportunities

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by sgood17, Apr 17, 2015.

1. sgood17

sgood17 New Member

Hello there!

I'm Sarah, I live in Leeds, study part time at the university and work part time for the Royal Voluntary Service (a charity that supports older people)

We need local actors!

we are going to put on a performance at the university at the end of August. For this production, I am particularly looking for people who are students of a university in Leeds, or over the age of 65. However, anyone who wants to be involved, I would love to hear from! We are seeking actors, singers, costume makers and writers.

It should be great fun and we can accommodate for people with mobility issues. Rehearsals will be on Fridays at Stainbeck Church.

Local Singers Welcome!

We also have recently started a singing group at Meanwood Community Centre. This group is aimed at over 65s, but anyone who is interested in volunteering, either with the singing or helping with lifts, or who makes a great cuppa, we'd love to hear from you! It is on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, 11-12:30 and costs £1. The group also welcomes people living with dementia.

If you would like to hear more on either of these local opportunities, please email me on sarah.goodyear@royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk, or ring 0113 887 3596.

Thankyou for reading!
    Sarah

2. Forum Ad Advertisement