1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Live At Leeds Football Tournament 2014

Discussion in 'Music Chat' started by whiskas, Feb 26, 2014.

1. whiskas

whiskas Member

[​IMG]

I'm pleased to announce details of the fourth Live At Leeds 5-a-side Football Tournament - taking place on Monday 5th May from 2pm at Goals Soccer Centre off Kirkstall Road, Leeds.

The competition is really in the swing of things now and hopefully you are all aware of it. 32 teams play in 8 groups of 4, followed by a knockout stage which means each team involved is guaranteed to play at least 3 games. Previous winners have been The Pigeon Detectives (2011), Straight Up (2012) and Philophobia (2013)

Last year we had an overwhelming response to play in the football tournament. We're prioritising bands and venues involved directly in Live At Leeds 2014, so if you would like to play this year, please let me know by replying to me with your team name ASAP!!

As ever, we're trying to expand extra activities at Goals, and provide greater food & drink options this year for those who just want to come and support the day. This year, we will again have the ELFM Awning Stage, with live music running from 1pm, as well as more events tbc for Martin House.

We are also hoping to have another live draw for the group stage, this year on Wednesday 9th April at Brudenell Social Club as part of our Unconference Launch / AIM Social event

If you want to take part, drop me an email / DM / Twitter me and I'll send you confirmation details.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. whiskas

whiskas Member

4. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I wish I was good at football. It's like I was cursed with that sport. I'm like that ref that trys to kick the ball backwards and falls over. Sounds good though.

5. Rob Galloway

Rob Galloway Member

I'm available again ... Im fitter than last year

6. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

It certainly looks a good event and it's pleasing to see it return again.

I'm a decent keeper, but I'm always away on Bank Holiday Monday.

Shame really, cos I'd genuinely love the chance to hack down Simon Glacken.

7. Owen

Owen New Member

I've always wanted to take part in this but inevitably away. Bah.

8. Matt_Bentley

Matt_Bentley Member

I'm actually available for this for the first time ever, so someone just needs to book me for Live At Leeds now.

9. Brader

Brader New Member

Whiskas - Not playing this year but 100 percent ready to forward a team if need be.

10. ereweare

ereweare Member

Favourite Bands:
    Sigur Ros, The Cribs
    Brader, join team SportingOtherPeoplesLivesArgile?

11. stevecreek

stevecreek New Member

If anyone needs a very poor-man's right-footed Jason Wilcox, I'm available.

12. Rock and Roll Circus

Rock and Roll Circus Member

Favourite Bands:
    Beatles
    After our showing last year, I think we may give this one a miss!

[​IMG]

13. Rob Galloway

Rob Galloway Member

My tip for you is to concede less goals and score more ... also if you score more than the other team you'll get more numbers in the right hand column

14. Rock and Roll Circus

Rock and Roll Circus Member

Favourite Bands:
    Beatles
    If only you'd told us before the tournament!

15. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Steady on Rob...you'll be head-hunted to replace McDermott if you're not careful!

16. whiskas

whiskas Member

Anyone is welcome to put their name down for a team, I just might need to prioritise for LAL teams, but usually fit everyone in who wants to play. Drop me a DM

17. whiskas

whiskas Member

Right, looks like I might have THREE slots to fill, who wants in?

18. Hanson

Hanson Member

Favourite Bands:
    Big Dogs
    1) The Botty
    2) The Mouth
    3) ???

19. Fezz

Fezz Member

20. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    10/10

21. whiskas

whiskas Member

Looks like I still need two teams! Anyone at all who's interested give me a shout, don't have to be playing LAL.

So far we have confirmed teams:

The Cockpit
    Bodega Social / DHP
    Clue Records
    Philophobia
    Forward Russia
    The Mexanines

And a bunch more