1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Light Night 2010

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by dervish99, Sep 8, 2010.

1. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Joe

Joe El Duderino

This looks spot on :thumbs2:

4. YorkshireWinds

YorkshireWinds New Member

Looks good

5. Miss Anthrope

Miss Anthrope New Member

Thanks for posting this; it looks ace. I will have to get myself along in an orderly fashion.

Be great for a bit of camera tossing/camera spinning, that.

6. mitb01

mitb01 New Member

Where's the lasers then ?

7. Rozanne

Rozanne New Member

i was also wondering how it works? Do you have to go to a certain place or is the whole of Leeds lit up? Looking forward to it.

8. Pamela G

Pamela G New Member

There are different events all over the city. Using sound and light. Last year Millenium squares big screen was utilised as a camera and when you walked across the square an accompanying sound would play and vibes would emanate from you on the screen. It was cool. I did semaphore on a plinth in Queen square as part of a Uni course. Also Umbrellas were used to look like jellyfish. The whole thing was to do with Navigation :)

Don't know what is happening this year

9. Munki

Munki New Member

Hello All,

All the different events for Light Night this year are now listed at on the Light Night website. (lightnightleeds.co.uk)

It's not ALL light based - there are events from all different kinds of artforms from ballet to knitting, as well as films projected onto the Parkinson Building, projections on the Civic Hall, that kind of stuff. It's not all light but there are 105 free events all over the city over the course of the night...

Giant Camp Angelic Shadow (with Lights) inside Holy Trinity Church will, for instance, be pretty spectacular.

10. daveharling

daveharling New Member

I kept hearing about light night but never knew what it was. think i might check it out this year.

11. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Is anyone planning on going to this?

J.

12. dervish99

yes i am going after work to take some pics, weather permiting. Not going to all of it, just a select few places

13. dervish99

Or not, did anyone go? I went, big dissapointment, not sure what i was expecting but more lights may have been good.:rolleyes:

14. buffyscrubs

buffyscrubs New Member

it looks great!

15. KooK

KooK New Member

I went it, at least it was better than last year, the origami cranes in Town Hall cells were the best thing I saw. Still not as good as a few years ago when there was less stuff happening, its all got a bit 'arty' and its not regulated well enough so a lot of crap gets through.