1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Libyan culture..... Can we have more?

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by Darren Major, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3IUTMd2jk

Awww, the little luvies were unaware of the intrinsic idiosyncrasies connected to British law, rendering their taste for things like groping, male rape and debauchery totally normal for their culture. And as the nice Libyan soldier states 'it's the British fault for not explaining the differences in customs and law'.
    We need more of these lads for the sake of destroying white privilege, supremecy and racism.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Darren, you have joined a local music forum yet you have never, to my memory, made a single post about music. Nor have you ever engaged in any topic that cannot be easily turned into an argument about race and 'the destruction of British culture' (such as book recommendations or films etc).

Furthermore, you seem to hate everyone here and have an extremely aggressive approach to all the so called 'lefty liberal student wankers' that you perceive to inhabit this forum. You never take anyones point on board, nor do you even respect their right to disagree with you, you just think anyone who does not share your view is wrong.

I doubt you are unintelligent enough to think that you can change anyone's political and cultural viewpoint on here, despite your presenting of various amounts of 'evidence'. You're not winding people up anywhere near as much as you think you are. In fact, you're not winding anyone up at all.

Given all of the above, my question to you is a simple one:-

Why are you here?

4. tome

tome Active Member

What's this got to do with lids? I'm outta here!

5. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

It's kind of culture where i live to call the tallest one of the gang (who was also usually the daftest) 'Big and Daft'

There's shit loads of lads in my town with the nickname "Big and Daft".

Marc...are there any local customs like this where you come from?

We also call breadcakes 'scufflers'

What do you call them?

6. Mr Gary C

Talking of cultures, where i live, we call breadcakes 'scufflers'

What do you call them, Tom?

7. Mr Gary C

I once asked for a scuffler when i was at a venue in London, where i was gigging.

They looked at me as if i was daft.

8. tome

tome Active Member

Oh most definitely called 'baps' where I grew up in deepest, darkest multicultural Leeds 8, Gary. Just can't take the ghetto out of the boy, 'm afraid.

"We are the Stoney Rockers
    We stay out late at night,
    If anyone says owt to us
    We'll gi' 'em such a fright"

9. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Cobs.

10. alfonse

alfonse Member

I like it when you're in Halifax and you can see teacakes and bread cakes in chippies

11. Ayala

Ayala Member

Favourite Bands:
    punk
    Without treading on anyone's toes, but why is this guy still here? As more of a casual observer, it just seems the right thing to do is boot this guy as:

He offers absolutely nothing.
    This place largely seems fairly dead on it's arse.
    A reason for that could be that a lot of stuff gets wrecked by a wind up merchant.

The fact he posts nothing about music is by the by. The music section here is pretty seperate and can be taken as more an advertisement space for gigs and the like, wheras this is more used for talking about leeds itself, be it new restaurants, bars, or the football team.

12. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    It would be better if people just didn't reply. Like I said, it's like you're feeding a tapeworm. An antagonistic tapeworm with political views purely for the sake of winding people up.

new forum rule, Whoever responds to darren major from now on is an automatic DIKHEAD

13. Mr Gary C

What do you call breadcakes? Where i come from, we call them scufflers.

14. Mr Gary C

Definitely a good point raised, but what do you call breadcakes where you come from. We call them scufflers.

15. Mr Gary C

In my local chippy, we ask for scufflers, even though the owner comes from South Elmsall and doesn't call them scufflers. He doesn't mind at all. He's a lovely bloke like that.

16. Mr Gary C

When i worked in Barnsley, they called them cobs. They also said 'I've got a cob on' when they were sweating, etc.

Where i live, we call them scufflers.

In Pontefract, when they sweat, they say 'I'm mafted'

17. eggle

eggle Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fred The Oyster
    Called barm cakes where I is from & that's right!!!! Have a reet chippy barm!!

18. ohgee

ohgee New Member

Baps. A teacake has currants in it.

19. Mr Gary C

Ha! All these different names for a scuffler! Just shows how we all have a different culture even though we probably all come from a relatively small area.

I always thought barm cake sounded funny
    They always used to ask for barm cakes when Alf Roberts had the corner shop in Coronation Street.

20. Mr Gary C

Baps!! Survived the swear filter as well....unlike ****. Although bollocks is allowed.

21. LONESOME COWBOY BILL

LONESOME COWBOY BILL New Member

Favourite Bands:
    stones