1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

LeedsForum.co.uk goes live!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Leeds Forum, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

It's very late and we're bleary eyed, but LeedsForum.co.uk is now online! There's still a lot of changes and improvements to be made, but the core functionality is now here, so if you're reading this then please login/register and join in :)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

forum

so is this yet another new forum or what

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

we keep havin to do this dont you feel members should be informed even me as a mod wasnt even emailed
    we struggled to keep it alive and keep posting but this is the 3rd time its just totally dissappeared on us

5. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

Hi Wiseguy, welcome to the new site. We only went online at around 4am this morning and we wanted to ensure everything was working smoothly before emailing everyone.

I appreciate your frustration with the changes in the past, but I can confirm that the old Leeds-Forum.co.uk owned by Chris has now become LeedsForum.co.uk and is run by the people behind the SheffieldForum.co.uk site (which has nearly 100,000 users!). We're looking at replicating the success we had in Sheffield to give Leeds a big and popular forum.

6. mitb01

mitb01 New Member

Hi LFAdmin.
    Hope you have every success with this new forum.
    Question? Can you embed videos?

7. medusa

medusa Gorgon

The answer to your question is 'no' I'm afraid. Our experience on SF has shown us that a lot of forum users who don't have fast broadband connections (and there are plenty of them around) can struggle to load threads which contain images or video, so we'd prefer people to post links to externally hosted images and video which allow other forum users to make the decision whether to click a link or not.

8. maxholloway

maxholloway New Member

How many are you planning on making?

9. roy james

roy james Registered User

Leeds forum

I notice that the forum has changed and that it has members from sheffield forum and one medusa is a moderator here.
    I have history with her and others from S F and im sure they wont take long to ban me even though I have been a member on here for over 3 yrs.
    Well if they do I can live with it but I feel sure it wont be long till this place is just like S F where the liberal PC lot will stifle debate and ban those who dare to be different.You have been warned.

10. roy james

Exactly mate.

11. medusa

medusa Gorgon

Re: Leeds forum

And you come to see us with such a positive attitude too!

12. medusa

medusa Gorgon

The new site owner is not to blame for any actions of previous site owners, is he?

13. roy james

lets get this straight I have been a member for yrs of leeds forum YOU are here 5 mins and your a mod already?I dont like you and those like you so lets start how we mean to carry on till im banned from here which with you around wont be long,I will ignore you and I suggest you do the same ok.

14. roy james

But you see I know what your like so lets do as Ive said below.
    lets get this straight I have been a member for yrs of leeds forum, YOU are here 5 mins and your a mod already?I dont like you and those like you so lets start how we mean to carry on till im banned from here which with you around wont be long,I will ignore you and I suggest you do the same ok

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  15. medusa

medusa Gorgon

I'm here to caretake it until the forum has its own team- nothing more, nothing less. I don't claim to live in Leeds, I don't claim to and I don't really want to get into any arguments.

Enough please.

16. medusa

medusa Gorgon

If you see what I've posted around here a number of times you'll see that I'm a package deal with LF Admin and I'm a caretaker manager until the forum has its own team.

Move along please.

17. roy james

Thats very unfortunate for this site.

18. DaFoot

DaFoot Member

say what you think roy, don't hold back! :hihi:

19. Malky

Malky New Member

Looks like it could be interesting on here, wait until the footy season starts. :)

20. sportaudi

sportaudi New Member

hi, recognise medusa from sheffield forum, are most of you from sheffield forum?

21. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Actually I disagree. I've "known" Medusa for many years, she does a FANTASTIC job keeping everyone in line at SF, and if someone can do half the job she does on this forum, I'm sure it'll be a success. She's always gone above and beyond what an admin should do, I think you should be greatful for the experiencing the greatness that is Medusa ! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.