1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds United

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Seany, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Problem is; is that appears to be his level.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fezz

Fezz Member

Possibly, but I can see him coming back one day, so hopefully not.

4. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
  5. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Total mess.

6. Fezz

Fezz Member

Yet another pantomime. Just what we need.

7. dodell

dodell New Member

Really shit to lose Redfearn completely (which is what is probably going to happen) when the club should be doing the utmost to keep hold of the likes Mowatt, Byram and Cook.

8. Fezz

Fezz Member

Miss out on Wood, miss out on Donaldson, miss out on Maynard, miss out on every other good striker because we can't compete financially. But it's ok we're signing this guy for 3 million...

"Avenatti scored 13 goals in 39 matches in Serie B last season"

I'll fully hold my hands up if this lad scores 20+ championship goals, but can't this money be spent a little better? Same old, same old Leeds. Clueless.

9. Fezz

Fezz Member

Or maybe we haven't missed out on Wood?

10. Daimo

Daimo Member

Wood signed this morning. Heard that Liam Moore should be in by the weekend too

11. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    any wingers about?!

12. daw8190

daw8190 New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Elastic
    wingers... maybe they could get Lee Sharpe back?

13. Trust Drew

Trust Drew Member

Looking at that lad from City aren't we- Brandon Barker. Be well happy if he comes in on loan, looks a handful. Only a year left on his contract and was their youth player of the year the other year.

Erwin looks like he'll be played on the left side of the forward three from what I've seen of him. Fast feet for a big lad. He sort of reminds me of Viduka a bit. Got quick feet for a big man and can turn on a six pence. Our lasses family (Hearts fans) reckon we've got a good player in him and I think he may well be our best signing so far... we'll see!

Roslers been saying a fair bit about Nicky Ajose so reckon we might see him starting on the right alongside Wood with Erwin on the left unless we have other plans for Byram. If Moore comes in I can't see us keeping Byram at all. I think he might be hard to accomodate if we play Roslers usual 4-3-3. Might be worth cashing in (although this will lead to the inevitable backlash...)

Looking forward to this season. Three more signings on top of anything above and I reckon we're looking good. Love him or despise him, Barton would look good in between Mowatt and Cook/Murphy/Bianchi and I reckon we could do with another centre half and right sided attacker to be in with a shout at pushing into the top 6.

A lot more excited about this season but knowing Leeds theres still time for everything to collapse in on itself! Anyone off to the Everton game?

14. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Looking good after the last game, with a winger in tomorrow!

15. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

If you watch carefully at the Sky Ad. for the Premier League with Theirry Henry where he shows one second clips of incidents you just might see Tony Yeboahs thunderbolt he scored . Its a cracker.
    Just had a look on You tube and its against Wimbledon, just have a look.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  16. AgentW

AgentW Member

I'm not sure, mate. First half on Saturday was rubbish.

Wood looks keen and a bit of a handful. Taylor looked decent overlapping down the left, and Bamba looked pretty solid all the way through. Not sure the first goal would have been scored in a "proper" game, but it was quite pretty interplay.

At least one winger is definitely needed; I couldn't figure out what Doukara was meant to be doing and I'm not sure he knew either.

At 1-0 it was pretty much all Leeds, breaking with pace and looking threatening. At 0-0 it wasn't great. I'm not sure what "heavy metal football" is, but I thought it would have a bit more about it. Jury's still out for me.

17. lloydybwoy

lloydybwoy New Member

Thoughts on Saturday's game then? It was nice to be playing with proper wide men for once, and some of the football was pretty good. Wood unlucky not to score. Il Barbuto with a stunning goal off his wrong peg, but our propensity to be shite at defending crosses cost us 2 points (cracking header though).
    All in all relatively promising, I reckon.

18. Fezz

Fezz Member

Agreed, best football we've played in ages. Dallas looked a real threat until last twenty when he got taken off. Wood looked rusty in front of goal, but looked a real handful and will definitely improve. Great goal as well from Antenucci.

I think we can cause any team problems in this league, but I'm still (as always) concerned that Bellusci is a weak link.

19. lloydybwoy

lloydybwoy New Member

I'd agree, yeah. Given that Sol is rock but slow we really need someone reliable next to him and Bellusci is anything but. He was right on his heels for the goal.

20. Pickpocket

Pickpocket Member

They should give Liam Cooper a run.

21. Fezz

Fezz Member

Yeah I was saying this to a mate the other day that Cooper played well in a few games last season when Bellusci was suspended, but I think we lost one out of five and Bellusci was straight back in.

I think maybe he's just Cellino's man.