1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds United

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Seany, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Russell Crowe.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. the boy

the boy Member

Twitter is exploding right now

4. Fezz

Fezz Member

8 wins from 10 games.

Be great if we could finish top 10 like Redders said. Need to give him a new contract ASAP and get the young lads on new deals and we are in business for next season. I’d be gutted if Cellino replaced Redfearn and/or Mowatt, Byram or Cook left.

We can have a real crack at promotion next season if we keep who we have and maybe add a striker and another centre half. Going to the Forest game on Saturday, looking forward to it.

5. Daimo

Daimo Member

Form since Christmas has been brilliant. So much more flowing than the start of the season. Mowatt, Bryram, Cook and Charlie Taylor need to be kept at the club.

The atmosphere in the ground after Mowatt's goal against Ipswich last week was probably the best it has been all season. Definitely need to get Redfearn commited for next season and leave team affairs to him, as it is obviously showing that it works.

I'm there Saturday Fezz. Drop me a message before and I'll come and have a pint and a catch up mate

6. Fezz

Fezz Member

Yeah definitely mate!

7. Pickpocket

Pickpocket Member

I know it's a bit of a cliche, but I think this current side would crush teams if it had more width - imagine this team with Snodgrass and Gradel instead of Morison and Taylor (who should be playing left back anyway).

8. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    You wait until White is fit again, all problems solved, and if we need to revert back to the diamond, we have a natural AMC ! :lol:

9. Fezz

Fezz Member

Nice 0-3 win away at Fulham, who had our front two from last season up front.

This really is the most positive I've felt about things at Leeds in a long long time.

Key things that NEED to happen next season for me...

1) Keeping Redfearn

2) Keeping hold of our best players Cook, Mowatt, Taylor, Byram, Bamba, Austin and Silvestri.

3) Adding a good quality championship proven striker

4) Getting the ownership debacle sorted

5) If he does stay (which hopefully he will) Cellino keeping out of team affairs and backing Redfearn even through bad patches of form

10. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

I'd agree with most of that, Fezz. Not that arsed about keeping Austin one way or the other, though. He's a useful squad player, but perhaps the wages could be better spent elsewhere?

I think we need a new left winger and either right winger/right back as well, depending on where Redfearn see's Byram's best position at the moment.

11. Fezz

Fezz Member

I meant to include Luke Murphy in that list as well. He really has proved himself as a quality box to box midfielder this season.

Six months ago I'd of agreed on Austin, but I like him in more attacking roles now and I think we can get the best out him behind the striker(s) in certain games. Against Bournemouth he showed how good he can be there, was a real handful for their back four.

I'd agree on a right back and also a winger with a bit of pace who can play either side. I think a striker is an absolute must though.

12. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Due to Leeds being over the 50 points make, i really want them to start using the fringe youngsters, Phillips, Dawson, Walters, Killock, should all be given game time now, and also any business we want to do, start now, let's tapp some players up, so when pre season comes around the team is sorted and settled, and not scrapping for scraps on the last day of the window.

Keep Austin and Murphs.

13. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

The thing is, Sean, the season is effectively over but Redders will want to win as many games as possible to strengthen his grip on the job.

14. Fezz

Fezz Member

I'd agree with what Tom said, plus I'd want to get that team bred in as much as possible and win as many games as we can for a real good feel factor going into pre-season. Maybe introducing the likes of Phillips, Walters and Dawson in off the bench now and again.

I feel like it's been different in previous seasons, with a lot of dead wood needing to be shipped out, so we've have had more of a case for playing the youngsters. I think this team's as close as we've been to promotion contenders since we've gone up, even more than when we had Snoddy, Gradel etc.

15. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

This team with Snodgrass and Gradel would be automatic promotion contenders in my opinion, even without a new striker.

16. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Another day, another **** up. Crazzzzzeeeee stuff going on.

17. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

Totally and completely fucked.

18. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    and now talks of mutinies, and evn if it's not true, probably the most disruptive aspect of the sh1t that is going on.

19. dodell

dodell New Member

Saw Gary Kelly and Lee Sharpe (who has morphed into James Martin) with some beautiful linkup play yesterday at the Brendan Ormsby Charity match in Farsley. Sign them back up!

Simon Grayson managed to net a late equaliser but it looked like Preston life has not been too kind on him!

20. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Preston are second though right?

21. Fezz

Fezz Member

I think Dan was talking about his physical appearance. He's gone bald and he looked like he'd put a few stone on. Ran the show though in the centre of midfield, he hasn't lost it!

Speaking of Simon Grayson, Preston are in an automatic promotion position at the moment and if SG does get them promoted this season, that'll be four different sides he'll have taken up from league one in eight seasons. That would be some bloody record!