1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds nightlife dresscode

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by joydivision, Aug 9, 2011.

1. joydivision

joydivision New Member

hi a group of us are coming to leeds for a night out on sat and staying over just wondering what the dress code is most of lads wear converse or trendy trainers jeans and a polo shirt or t shirt will this be ok please tell me its not a shirt and shoes job.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

Leeds is pretty relaxed these days compared to some cities. A few places still want you in shoes (but not all), but smart jeans and a non sportswear t-shirt will get you in most places, depends what you want really.

4. ACGledhill

ACGledhill New Member

Hi,

Leeds is pretty relaxed but it does depend where you go. I'd recommend Call Lane you can definately get away with trainers. Some of the bigger clubs however will want you in shoes!

5. bewerley

bewerley New Member

I remember being denied entry to the New Mecca in the Merrion Centre because I wasn't wearing a tie. I had on my best March the Tailor suit, my best chisel toe shoes, brylcreemed hair but no tie
    Anyway, it was never as good as the Old Mecca and it was 1968

That was in the days before trainers were invented.

Smart casual clothing today is so stylish (except for trainers) and I would be disappointed to be turned away anywhere in Leeds for a dress code violation.