1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds Forum members

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fastfreddy, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

I have had a series of vicious PM`s from these people some with threats. You don't know the half of it

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Why don't you post them on here so we can see them and take action. Or forward them on to one of the mods?

4. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I don't believe this for a minute. If it's true then I invite you to repost them, regardless of the trouble you have caused I believe the only way to address issues such as this is in a public forum. I have stated, publicly, on many occasions that you are nothing but a bully, however if you, yourself, are receiving threats then this is unacceptable.

Until you do so, though, we will have to assume you are a liar. I would also remind you that I am still awaiting your apology for abusing my Son yesterday.

5. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Definitely not me and the moderators/owners are free to check my activity on here. I think he has blocked me anyway, so probably unable to send a pm.

6. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

If there is a way to see who has sent/received pms as a mod I am not aware of it (clue in the private word) However all members are encouraged to use the report button when necessary.
    Do we need a thread to agree forum rules regarding behaviour and language? I did think we were all adults and it should be common sense, but may be not.

7. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

You'd think so, but apprently not. I do believe a heightened moderator presence may be of use for a short time.

8. Mr Gary C

I'm willing to let the moderators have my email address and password if they want to view my pms.

9. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

It is possible if you have full access to the admin panel, I run a forum that uses this software and if we wanted too we could read everyone's messages. We don't and we have the setting disabled for ethical reasons, I know of other forums that abused that power and they all imploded shortly after wards. It's a can of worms you really shouldn't open. But to be fair anybody who thinks there is true privacy on the internet is sadly deluded.

Croggy likes this.
  10. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Same here. As a side note, a couple of weeks ago I wrote to another forum member who I thought I'd upset in order to apologise, as it happened I hadn't actually caused any offence, that it the way I deal with problems. I am perfectly happy to be scrutinised and I have been completely open, as illustrated in the "Getting to know you" thread. Others have not been so open and I think that speaks volumes. I await any evidence whatsoever that Freddy has received abusive PM's however in the absence of any such evidence appearing I belive this demonstrates a clear example of an attempt to smear other members of this forum.

11. John Smith

John Smith Member

Yes that is correct, I have run My own Forum for the past 6 years, and it is possible to read Members PM`s .... Regarding Moderation on this Forum, I think there needs to be a fairer, more Neutral group of Moderators running the site, I know some may work or have Family commitment but if they choose to be a Moderator then surely they must make some commitment to the Forum and put some time and effort into it, because at the moment Mr Pollitt is having a free run.......In My opinion Mr Pollitt is Bias in favour of the EX LMF Group and blatantly shows this is his actions, it is basically Him and Gary C who are the main problem on this Forum Bullying those who have a different opinion to themselves.....

Also Mr Pollitt using the word Fu*k and Cu*t is language a Moderator should not be using on open Forum, where Women or Children may be visiting.

12. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Member

Is there a guideline around language?

I swear like a sailor, so would appreciate a heads up if swearing is inappropriate for the board.

John Smith, why is it a problem if women read swearing?

Stardust likes this.
  13. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

No it isn't, everyone knows who the problem members are and they sure as hell aren't those two. And this is coming from an LF member with no bias to LMF in anyway. Also you've only been here about two weeks so really aren't in any position to comment on long term problems with the forum.

14. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Member

I just had a PM from GaryC. He said he was going to kick my wrists off and make hate with my face.*

*This didn't happen.

15. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Absolute nonsense, and a slightly bizarre attempt to take the moral highground from someone who thinks it's funny to post a picture of a dog turd.

Can I ask, seeing as apprently the "Ex LMF Group" are causing the problems, why do Mexico75, Stardust, Jar Ed or JohnnoLS8 not seem to have any issues?

16. John Smith

John Smith Member

If I need to answer that then I`m wasting My time arnt I, I would think I would be more respectful than to use words like Cu*t in front of a Women or Child.....but there you go, that's Me and obviously it doesn't bother You.

17. Mr Gary C

Is b****cks an acceptable word John, because you have used it a few times recently?

18. John Smith

John Smith Member

Well Mexico Your going to say that arnt You....You are an ex LF Member who has sided with the LMF Gang.......You never had any trouble with Freddy on the old Leeds Forum, so don't make out you did.

Ive also been around for a lot longer than two weeks, I can assure you....

19. John Smith

John Smith Member

Ah, wondered when Pollitts Bitch would appear..........HA HA HA

20. Mr Gary C

Not true. Mexico was already on Freddy's ignore list when the forums merged.

21. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

I believe the "P" is for "personal". We should not encourage the illusion that they are private.
    It should be made clear that the management can and will read PM's where necessary to investigate allegations of misconduct because they have a legal duty to exert due diligence.
    I have not noticed any encouragement.
    It seems to me that reporting a post is seen as a big deal, thus they should be used sparingly.
    This ought not to be the case, especially when we are having the kind of problems we are currently having.

JohnnoLS8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.