1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds Forum members

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fastfreddy, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Member

Read my message, I asked a question, I didn't make a statement. :) I never said that I would use the word in front of children.
    But since you mention it women are fully formed beings with mouths of their own and if they find swearing offensive, then they have the ability to speak up. Anyone that know me will know that I am mischievous but ultimately kind and respectful. I moderate my language on an individual to individual basis, rather than for an amorphous group. If you find the word **** offensive, then by all means say so and I won't use it around you. I deliberately used the full word because I think it is intellectual cowardice to spell it c*nt.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. John Smith

John Smith Member

No He wasn't, How do You know, Mexico and Freddy spoke OK on the old Leeds Forum, check back and post the link to any Arguments between them and show it here....

4. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

He was on Freddy's famous ignore list, Freddy made a point of telling everyone. Mexico75 and Jar Ed were persona non grata, I think half of the problem is that the new influx of members made up their own minds and decided they actually seemed like reasonable people, hence Freddy threw his stamps out of the pram and decided we were all out to get him.

5. John Smith

John Smith Member

Doc Brown, I see you have come out of your Neutral shell today eh........feel your in with the "Big Boys" now do you........think you`ll have some of that eh, Not likely, not at My expense you wont.......

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Member

I'm sorry, what has just happened?

7. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Although I know you are trying to raise an equality issue here I saw a woman yesterday with one small arm and one normal. I don't know whether she would be offended by the word but I would like to say that I personally think that she should be able to have an opinion as well despite not being entirely 'fully formed'.

Doc Brown and Stardust like this.
  8. John Smith

John Smith Member

S
    Staypuff, Freddy and Jar ed did have heated debates on the old LF, but they were controlled heated debates, both giving good views and comments, it never got, as far as I am aware to the point they actually fell out and ignored each other....As for Mexico, he rarely had much to say, and never had a heated debate with anyone.

9. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

John, I realise that even when confronted with evidence you will not back down as you categorically cannot accept that you are wrong, but all the same here is a screen grab of Freddy stating he has blocked Mexico75 and Jar Ed:

Freddy.jpg

10. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

Because I was on his ignore list, my signature is actually how Freddy described me long before the forum merger, I copied it and pasted it at the time. I've tried to find some of the arguments we had but it appears as though the forum has been cleaned up at some point as things I remember posting are no longer in my history. I also find it slightly amusing that you are making yourself out to be the authority on the history of a forum you've only been a member of for a couple of weeks. Basically anything you have to say on the subject is irrelevant.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  11. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

...still at least we now know: a) you and Freddy aren't the same person, and b) you used to post on the old LF under a different username.

12. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

Wow, I am amazed there is still this "them" and "us" type stuff going on. This is the internet.... if something offends you then just get the hell over it and move on! This seems more like a school playground. There is no need to get all butt hurt over something posted online, if you easily offended it's probably better to stay off all types of forums like this because there will always be someone who offends you.

And just for the record, I am not offended by the use of words like **** or ****. If someone wants to call me a **** then I will just put on my big girl pants and get over it, I mean really..... why would it ever bother me that some stranger on an online forum would call me a name? I wouldn't be happy with someone using language like that in front of my kids, but that is why I monitor what they look at online like most parents. If kids are too young to see that kind of language then they should not be browsing the internet unsupervised. And once kids get to high school they probably know more swear words than me. Although I recently learnt of the insult "cock womble" and it's become one of my new favourite words lol.

Croggy, GregB, JohnnoLS8 and 2 others like this.
  13. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I am also a fan of the phrase "cockwomble", though my favourite insult of late has been "corkscrew". I don't know why, I just saw someone use it and it amused me greatly!

Stardust likes this.
  14. John Smith

John Smith Member

Well, I don't know how you work that one out, but here we go.......Staypuff, yes I see your screen shot and agree they were on Freddys ignore list, but this was AFTER the merge of Forums, not before they merged....

15. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Member

Cock womble is a wonderful phrase. Wonderful. I love swearing.

16. John Smith

John Smith Member

Well, no offence Stardust, but there are "Ladies" and there are "Ladies" that's all I have to say on the subject.......Have a lovely Day.

17. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Member

Soemtimes I think I should stop swearing, then I remember that I really enjoy it and am good at it.

GregB likes this.
  18. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Member

Passive aggressive trollling. Lovely.

19. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Classy. Anyone else you want to offend? Or are you going to blame this on the Ex-LMF posters.

20. John Smith

John Smith Member

Mexico, that's convenient isn't it, maybe you cant find any because there arnt any.........also I think you were the Member on the old Leeds Forum who was "irrelevant" , maybe that's why you've jumped on the LMF Gang band waggon to feel important.....LOL

21. GregB

GregB Active Member

I agree. Swearing is big and it is clever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.