1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds Forum members

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fastfreddy, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Hello this is a message for everybody who used to post on the old Leeds Forum. Over the last few months many/most of you have stopped posting, I imagine for a variety of reasons. From a personal perspective most of you were posting a long time before I came on the scene and it would be nice to see some of you return.

I wondered if you would consider posting again and maybe start threads like we used to have on aspects of Leeds, leeds life, parking, the market, Trinity centre, shopping, the council, politics (local and national) etc etc.

We had an interesting board that could be so again. What do you think. what would need to change for you to start posting again ?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

As I recall, it was never very active...

4. John Smith

John Smith Member

I agree Fast F, I have read through some of the older Topics on the old Leeds Forum, and found some very interesting....I for one will be happy to contribute as I am Citizen of Leeds, and therefore feel I have something to offer.

I may start My own Topic, or maybe re kindle some of the older ones, it may get some response....:)

5. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Finally Freddy...a good idea. The forum has just about the same posters today as it did when the forums merged (maybe even a few less). It just seems the same one or two people are having the same tired old conversations with each other...we need to breath life back into this forum or it will just wither and die.

I think this also goes for the former Leeds Music Forum members...do you agree that we need them to start posting again and open up your appeal to them?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  6. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

We could do with a bloody good argument, instead of all these snide, bitchy personal ones that have been happening of late...

7. Mr Gary C

No....i'm tired of arguing. I'm willing to let a lot of the personal insults I've received go. We need to move on and get some life back into the forum.

This is potentially a good idea, provided that it's opened up to former LMF members as well, after all this forum is the result of two forums merging together.

8. Fastfreddy

I totally agree Hairy. Its time to move the board back to how it was, but the older posters who were the board long before us need to come back and join in again. It used to be about Leeds for Leeds people thats what it should be now. I hope we can move in a positive direction now.

9. Mr Gary C

This isn't a snide remark Freddy, but you need to open yourself up more for that to happen. When the forums merged, it was a bit of a long standing joke from the Leeds Forum members that you had them all on your ignore list...and this has continued with the people from the music forum. At present you just about have Hairy Loon and John Smith that aren't on your ignore list. If you can't engage with people, there's no point in asking people to return.

I don't think it should just be about current Leeds folk alone...there are contributors who now live abroad who like to keep in touch with their city and people like JBR who live across the Pennines. There are also people who live in the outer areas of West Yorks who work and socialize in the city.

10. Mr Gary C

I think it would also be a great idea to delete some of the threads that were started merely to provoke reactions from others, such as the 'amphibian' thread and the 'big in the title' thread. It's obvious why these were set up and it may discourage people from returning if they feel the forum is basically just two people ruling over everybody.

I believe it needs a fresh start by everyone to make this work. I know a number of LMF people who will return if they think we have a level playing field.

11. GrahamB

GrahamB Member

I haven't been on for months, but think of it so often, so I'll be back from now, and I'll begin to add a few plays of my own again from now.

12. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Interesting that 7 of the threads on the front page were started by the old LMF forum members who Freddy seems determined to demonise and isolate, that's almost half of them. Four were started by Freddy, one of which was specifically created for the purpose of insulting the former LMF members and blaming them for killing the forum.

13. Mr Gary C

Yes. The moderators have decided to delete the threads which demonised the LMF members, which is a good move on their part.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  14. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

That's the problem with area based forums that I've found. Other than sharing a geographical area 90% of the people have nothing in common with each other. Before the forum was streamlined we had sections for different interests such as sport, photography etc where if you posted in there you at least knew that the other posters shared an interest with you.

15. Mr Gary C

Were you one of the people on Freddy's ignore list as well?

To make this work, Freddy is going to have to start engaging with more people.

16. Fastfreddy

Thanks Puff. The only people doing harm yo this thread are you and your friends. We had no problems until you came along.

I had a large number of pm`s from people who loved the amphibian thread.

Now it has been deleted I think people can see what you have done. Your moderator abuses his power and should be removed. I have pm Mr TD and Groggy and I will have the discussion with the owners of the site now.

How did the strategy pm`s go over the weekend working out how to attack me and John. Do you feel good about your sad existences.

17. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

THEY'RE ALL OUT TO GET ME.

Mexico75 likes this.
  18. Mr Gary C

Oh....I genuinely thought your offer to start again was sincere, Freddy. Apparantly not.

GregB likes this.
  19. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

Apparently so lol, although it's not such an exclusive club as it used to be.

20. Mr Gary C

I honestly thought he was genuine in his attempts to get the forum going again...latest posts just show what a nasty and bitter man he is.

GregB likes this.
  21. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

It might help to know who the moderators actually are: I assume there is a list somewhere, but I have not found it.

Yeah?! Check out Sheffield Forum. It has the opposite problem: so much traffic that it's hard to find the worthwhile posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.