1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds Forum is changing...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Leeds Forum, May 29, 2015.

1. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Nobody was really sure if he was from the house of lords..

4. JBR*

JBR* Member

No, because he only turned up for a few minutes each day in order to have a quick cup of tea and collect his £300!

5. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Tthat,s about my dreamjob too..But not being from noble blood shuts me out i guess? Oh well, better try the European parlement...that is doable..
    Party's like UKIP and such don't mind if you're not to smart...so....

6. JBR*

JBR* Member

Or you could go into holy orders and work your way up!

7. aej1

aej1 Active Member

My cat has stopped moving poop

8. JBR*

JBR* Member

Try not to get too upset. Everything dies eventually. How old was s/he?
    Our cat is nearly 20 and he's still very active, though as deaf as a post, but we realise that he can't go on for ever.

Dig a nice, big hole in the garden, wrap him/her in his/her favourite blanket and lay him/her to rest. Cover him/her in good soil and plant a nice flowering plant so as to remember him/her.

9. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Or have a nice little barbecue!

10. JBR*

JBR* Member

Your cat used to move poop.
    Having produced it, to where did he/she move it?
    Placed it strategically all around next door's lawn?
    :D

11. aej1

aej1 Active Member

I think I will leave the forum. I have enjoyed my time here but do not like it so much now. Good luck health and happiness to all.
    Ann

12. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

13. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

14. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

I dont think its fear of change Staypuff. Ann has been an on and off poster for a long time on the old Leeds forum. She asked a genuine question about the graphic by her name. The cat used to move now it doesnt. I think she expected someone to know the answer instead all she got was a series of childish comments. Funny if you like that sort of thing but its a question of knowing your audience and there are a lot of older people that post on here (myself included) that may not always want the sixth form banter and witty retort. Sometimes all that is required is a sensible answer.

I post regularly on the Leeds United WACCOE forum and that can be a brutal experience. It is impossible to have a serious discussion on there about anything. There is a danger in a small way that this forum will go the same way. Hopwever I guess that this may be the price of securing the forums survival because it wasnt going to survive as it was. Too few posters.

15. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

The "childish", "sixth form" responses were relating to the question "Why doesn't my cat move any more"...which was a bizarre way to phrase a question, I assumed it must have been tongue in cheek; "knowing your audience" works both ways.

Anyway, it's a shame people feel the need to leave, and indeed feel the need to announce that they're leaving. Hopefully others are more adaptable.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  16. JBR*

JBR* Member

I'm afraid that some people just don't possess a sense of humour.
    I know she was asking about her avatar, but was that so very important that she felt the need to leave the forum?

Perhaps over my 63 years I have never really grown up, but better a childish sense of humour than none at all.

Reah, Mexico75 and Staypuff like this.
  17. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I can't believe she didn't battle it out a bit, people would have come around.

During the mass exodus on LMF a few years ago there was at least two 'epic' leaving the forum emails. I don't understand either why people have to announce it. If you don't want to post anymore then just don't post, it's not like we were invited in the first place. It's kind of like walking around a pub saying goodbye to everyone in there.

18. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

Mate her avatar had stopped moving, some things you just can't "come around" from :(

19. JBR*

JBR* Member

Come to think of it, my avatar doesn't move either.
    If there were any justice in the world, I should be strangling Bart.

20. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Perhaps she could have been more specific but I am only telling you what I think.

21. jar ed

jar ed Member

Where do you start on this forum to create a new thread ?