1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds Festival 27-29th August - anybody going?

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by 4Leaf Clover, Jun 23, 2010.

1. 4Leaf Clover

4Leaf Clover New Member

Is anybody going to this?

http://www.leedsfestival.com/home/

Or should I say, is anybody here going? I would have loved to, and so would my kids, (age 9 and 11). They're huge Paramore fans. I very nearly bought tickets, but didn't, I was just a bit worried it may be a bit too "adult" - crushes, manky portaloos, queing to get in and out etc.

If anyone here goes, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, if anyone has any thoughts on the child-friendliness/unfriendliness of it, although I've probably left it a bit late now.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Re: Leeds festival 27-29th August

I went a few years ago, a totally amazing experience, but the portaloo's *barf*

4. Draggletail

Draggletail Member

Tempting, but would be a bit of a trial with our two year old and five year old I think.
    Last time we went to a festival in Leeds it was a Soapbox Derby at Roundhay Park - Jimmy Saville was there being annoying, great fun though, think it was about ten years ago.

5. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Its a fantastic experience, but I'd only ever go for the day next time...

6. 4Leaf Clover

4Leaf Clover New Member

Thanks all, I think I've more or less made my mind up to let them take themselves when they're old enough. Who wants their mum with them at their first festival anyway!

We're going to see Paramore at Sheffield arena in November, so that will have to do them for this year. :)

7. CompSpud

CompSpud New Member

i went 2 years ago when it rained. Still fun though. Would go again if i had the money :D

8. Ednakrabappe

Ednakrabappe New Member

Have been before, went last year, think just doing a day this year as i really want to do V festival so will be saving for a last min for that.

I dunno, i don't think festivals are really for kids. Better to save that experience for later in teenage 16+ life IMO.

9. Rev_Photography

Rev_Photography New Member

I'm going on the Friday. Cant go for the weekend as I have weddings to shoot but I only really wanted to see The Libertines and luckily they are on the Friday! :)

10. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

my youngest and 4 friends are going friday and staying over till sat

11. Raisetheroof

Raisetheroof New Member

Im going! truth be told Im a bit scared. I have gotten into small cosy festivals of 5,000 this last few years. This is going to be mental.. I hope they dont decide to burn the loos down on the last day like they do at Reading

!!!! should be good though

12. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

well the wifes just set off shes taking our son and 3 friends so i hope the m1 behaves lol
    shes only dropping them off aand fetching them tomorrow

13. Silence Rises

Silence Rises New Member

We will be there this year... If you want to come and see us in the meantime are playing some Leeds gigs this month!

13th January 2011 - Milo Bar 8pm with 'Gentle Breeze' & 'British Racing Green'

15th January 2011 - The George, support at 'Monmon' album launch.

Would be great to see you all there!

You can see and hear us on our website... I can't post a link for some reason but just google 'Silence Rises'

14. Joe

Joe El Duderino

This is to stop people joining just to promote their own website/band/cat/whathaveyou and hopefully to encourage some participation. :rolleyes:

15. Silence Rises

Silence Rises New Member

Nice one... So this thread wasn't started to promote the Leeds Festival? I bet it was :icon_wink:

16. Joe

Joe El Duderino

It wasn't but good try :)

That said, hopefully it might raise some discussions about the preliminary rumblings for who might be playing at this years? Looks like you lot will be, any ideas on anyone else? insider knowledge?