1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds Burger review website

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by Bestburgerinleeds, May 11, 2011.

1. Bestburgerinleeds

Bestburgerinleeds New Member

Hi all I have just setup a site reviewing burgers around the Leeds area and am looking for some recomendations so I can establish the best burger and beer in town.. Any suggestions would be most helpful..

The site is in it's infancy but more reviews will be posted soon!

:hey:

D

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

pretty much any fom Gourmet Burger Kitchen, especially the venison one when avaliable

4. pk014b7161

pk014b7161 New Member

i prefer westlers hamburgers the type you get in fairs and at the seaside

5. Bestburgerinleeds

Thanks very much for the suggestions
    Coopers and Art's reviewed so far but will be making many improvements...

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  6. Bestburgerinleeds

7. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Have you tried the Gourmet Burger Kitchen? I know they're a chain but they do some pretty badass burgers.

8. Bestburgerinleeds

I have tried GBK but I will be honest it is not as good as some others we are going to look at....

9. Joe

Joe El Duderino

You say that as if it is in the future.. how do you know they are as good if you haven't looked yet?

Art's cafe's burgers are good as far as I can remember but I see you've already reviewed them.

10. Dave86

Dave86 New Member

Foley's Ale House do a great burger, and a wide range of beers to go with them

11. Bestburgerinleeds

Because I have eaten in the other places before just not to review photo etc the burgers, but i know they are good or at least were last time... So on that note point taken!

Dan

12. Bestburgerinleeds

Foleys eh!

Have to try that one as i never eaten in there will get the review up as soon as i have been, a great excuse to try their ales too!

Dan

13. Guybrush

Guybrush New Member

One thing that really annoys me about this new trend for gormet burgers is you can't fit them in your mouth! They come like works of art all piled up with onion rings and the like. I'm sorry but if it comes with a cocktail stick just to hold it together then it loses a lot of points in my estimation!

14. Bestburgerinleeds

A very good point, i am unconvinced by the cocktail stick thing....

I do love a meaty burger but like you say can be a nightmare to get at some of them...

Hoping to check out some more ASAP...

15. Dave86

Dave86 New Member

After this weekend I can recommend Kobe in Horsforth as well for a good burger. Weekdays before 7:30 (i think) there is an offer for 2 for £12

16. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

the burgers at the Faversham are not bad either

17. Bestburgerinleeds

Thanks very much for all the suggestions, I will be going about reviewing some of the over the next week or two so please feel free to check out the site for an update...

any suggestions for the site are much appreciated...

Dan

Couple of new reviews going up over the weeekend the hunt truly is underway!

Restaurant in city square... Do they have the best burger...

https://sites.google.com/site/bestburgerinleeds/

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
  18. turkey-dinosaur

turkey-dinosaur New Member

the scream burgers are nice in headingley