1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Leeds Arena Events Announced

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by Croggy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. superleeds

superleeds New Member

We are fans of the Boss so will try to get tickets on Friday. It will also be nice to be at the first ever concert. The price is the cheapest of all the venues in the UK. Should be great night out if I can get some tickets.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. drfeelgood69

drfeelgood69 New Member

Up to £750 for a ticket to see the Boss...... Love Springsteen, but don't have that many pennies

Has anyone paid an eye watering price for a ticket?! And do you feel it'll be worth it?!

4. superleeds

superleeds New Member

Looks like sell out already but managed to get 3 tickets on level 3, £226.00.

5. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Well done for getting tickets, SuperLeeds. Have a great evening.

You'll have to report back to us all about the arena.

6. Croggy

7. Barnie

Barnie New Member

I heard Elton hadn't sold out as expected so the council busted a gut to get Springsteen and a full house on opening night.

8. Croggy

Indie rockers STEREOPHONICS will play the Leeds Arena, Friday 15th November 2013, as part of their first arena tour since 2010. The tour follows the release of their new LP 'Graffiti On The Train', released earlier this month.

Tickets for the show go on sale Friday 22nd March from 9.00am, priced £32.50-£39.50.

9. TrevTheDancer

TrevTheDancer New Member

How do you get this 20% discount?

It is probably too late for me as I already have my Cirque du Soleil tickets*, but it could be useful for future events...

*For anyone that is interested they were £50 each plus a £7 PER TICKET booking fee (and they wanted to charge me £2.50 for the privilege of printing off my own tickets!)

10. Croggy

A slightly different event ... 60th Anniversary BBC Sports Personality of the Year programme on Sunday 15 December 2013.

11. sbarkeruk

sbarkeruk New Member

Would be funny if those paying silly prices turned out to have invalid tickets! Maybe it would kill of this middleman profit that is happening in so many areas of business now. People getting lazy and making money on someone else's back. Shocking.

12. Croggy

Comedy superstar Lee Evans is coming to the first direct arena on the 24th & 25th October 2014 with his "Monsters" stand-up tour.

Tickets go on sale on Monday May 20th at 9am and can be purchased from our website, by telephone on 0844 248 1585 or by visiting our pop up box office located at Leeds Town Hall.

13. Croggy

Russell Howard will be playing the city’s First Direct Arena on Sunday March 16 2014.

He has starred on TV shows such as Mock The Week and Never Mind The Buzzcocks as well as his own Russell Howard’s Good News series.

Tickets for the Leeds date go on sale at 9am this Friday, priced £27.50.

For more details, visit the www.firstdirectarena.com website or phone 0844 248 1585.

Purchases can also be made in person from a pop-up box office that will open at Leeds Town Hall from 9am on Friday.

14. wobbley

wobbley Member

Motorhead at the Fforde Grene was a whopping £2.50 as I recall.

Oh yes ! I'd be happy to pay twice that today....

15. Croggy

A couple more ...

Rod Stewart on Tuesday 24th September 2013 and Torvill and Dean's Dancing on Ice: The Final Tour 2014 from the 24th - 27th April 2014.

To book ROD STEWART online: http://bit.ly/12AtAeV
    To book DANCING ON ICE online: http://bit.ly/10Xh0oF

To book tickets for this event, visit the arena website, phone 0844 248 1585 or buy your tickets in person at the pop up box office, located at Leeds Town Hall.

16. Gordon Glazebrook

Gordon Glazebrook New Member

17. Croggy

18. amyjhill

amyjhill New Member

Would love to come to the Arena to see Springsteen but the tickets on ebay, seatwave etc are really expensive! Couldn't get to Leeds on the day of sale as I can't drive! Shame it was 6 per person touts will have had a field day!!

19. rambofen044

rambofen044 New Member

Awaiting Bruce Springsteen 'road tests'.... prayin for the time to pass early..

20. Croggy

From Leeds Arenas facebook page

21. Croggy

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....n-heads-to-leeds-first-direct-arena-1-6169669