1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Last.FM

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by davelms, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you go to you "Website" tab you have the option of closing the shoutbox altogether.

IF you go to the "Privacy" tab you can stop anyone at all or anyone but friends and neigbousrs from sending you messages.

I wonder if all these features are available if you are not a Subscriber? I pay a little bit each year to keep the advertisements away.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently for some reason the default on mine had the shoutbox switched off from the start, according to the Last.fm admin bods. I now can't be arsed to switch it on - it'd only fill up with adverts (either real ones or just people trying to get me to "check out the tunes") within seconds.

4. AgentW

AgentW Member

Anybody?

This is really beginning to bug me now ...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

has anyonr been able to make sense of the Stats?

They dont seem to add up at all!

7. AgentW

AgentW Member

What problem are you having with them?

They've been slow to update this week ...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They say we have had 12 listenerd this week, but then they say that each track has only 1 play, and mad things like that!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

last.fm help

after adding the event, if you want to change the venue, how do you do it???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: last.fm help

delete it and start again?

11. Backpagefirst

Backpagefirst New Member

how do you get added to the leeds music scene radio ?

12. this last

this last New Member

That stream is what they call a "tag radio". Any artist, track, or album that has been tagged "lms artist" goes into the list. See it here:

http://www.last.fm/tag/lms artist

I think that if a lot of people add the same tag then the tracks get more plays. It's well worth getting some others to go through all your pages adding the same tags - all the ones that will help people who are likely to be interested find you. Putting nonsense tags liek "Radiohead" or "brilliant new band" will just make people laugh at you and is not cool.

I have tagged tour band, the EP and each of the tracks with "lms artist" - if you ask others do the same thing it will help.

The same playlist can be streamed from the front page of http://www.leedsmusicscene.com/ (bottom right - scroll down if you don't see it immediately. Remember that if you want to keep it playing as you browse the site or read the forum you need to open you next page in a new tab or window once you have set it running.

I am playing the tag radio from the last.fm page now - with lots of nice tunes and lovely pictures and info about each artist - including gigs if they are listed and pointers to "similar artists" as derived from shared listener statistics (not sound or genre).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For anybody whos doesn't know and who owns an iPhone,

YOU CAN GET LAST.FM AS A FREE APPLICATION FOR YOUR IPHONE.

Mint!!!!!

Amazingly, it knows you iTunes Library from home and it can play you songs from your own library even if you havn't uploaded them onto your iPhone. which is pretty amazing if you have about 60gigs worth of music and only a 16gb iPhone.

14. MrDishington

MrDishington New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Dream Theater
    It's amazing what technology can do these days. Quite like the Last.fm app although mainly use the Spotify app instead... although gotta be careful not to go over your download limit!