1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Knowledge on stage lights?

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by vole, Jul 12, 2013.

1. vole

vole Member

I need a stage light just for a solo artist but no idea what to look for or where?

Ideally a floor light would make things easier and not looking to spend much.

Anyone know places or have experience? Even selling one???

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. JamesColeyMusic

JamesColeyMusic New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Ed Sheeran
    I bought version 1 of the Chauvet Mini 4Bar recently for £100 second-hand:

[​IMG]

I either have is on the tall stand at the side of me or on the floor facing up at me. Works really well, especially in pubs where the light is poor. At a wedding I played at on Sunday, after I had fnished I simply pointed it at the dance floor, put it on Sound to Light and let it dance away to tunes with VirtualDJ whilst I packed down my gear... worked ace!

4. lottiebomb

lottiebomb New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Iron Maiden
    Don't Maplin still do cheap and cheerful stage lighting?

5. vole

vole Member

Not that I've seen on their website. Well not unless you want to spend over £250!

6. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Sound savers in Headingley within the Taps car park should be able to sort your needs out.

7. P13

P13 New Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Charlatans
    One warning cheap Chinese LED stage lighting that is dimmable often doesn't actually dim properly, it flickers really fast to give the illusion of dimming properly which is fine until you video an event under such lighting in which case it can be a problem as the flickering whilst not noticeable to the human eye is obvious on video.