1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Just Joined..Just letting Everyone know..

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by cavywavy, Mar 16, 2013.

1. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

Hi Everyone I'm Phil, Leeds born and Bred and I chef at Full Circle in Kirkstall. I am hosting a Star Wars Party on May 4th at our venue and I am just starting to promote our event!
    10-6 Kids friendly day with star wars themed food...wookie cookies, Yoda Soda's, Han Burgers. Face Painting. Art exhibition. Toy Fair. Live Band and acoustic acts plus Electronica sets.

7:30-Late...Fancy Dress is Optional but prize for best Costume...Star Wars Quiz/Bingo. Projected Fan films on all walls. Live Cantina Band. Live Dj's and Dancing into the night...If you don't know the venue it look up!!
    If you cant find it you're looking in Alderaan places!!

The Day event is free for kids and £3 for Adults. The Evening Shindig is £5 a ticket.

I have posted an event on Facebook for all to see, If not, Look for Phil Thompson and you will see it there.

Hope you are all having a good start to your weekend!!

Phil

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Sounds good, but I think we might be going to an event in York that day.

4. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Oops, sorry, I forgot to say welcome to the forum, Phil.

5. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

Welcome to the forum.

6. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

Cheers Guys...Just putting it out there to see how much interest we can get!!

7. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

If anybody knows anyone who would like to participate in the day event I am looking for local artists that have star wars themed paintings, screen prints, posters etc for sale. We are charging £20 for the whole day to rent out a stall where they can sell all their products and all the proceedings goes to themselves. We are also looking for other people to rent out the stalls...it can be generally movie/sci fi themed...ie..Jewelry, cakes/cupcakes that kind of thing...If anyone knows anybody or is interested themselves please feel free to contact me.

Phil

8. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

Welcome to the forum!

It certainly sounds interesting, if we are free we will come along :)

9. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

Thanks Stardust, It should really be a great day. I'm trying to line up quite a few stormtroopers and other characters that the kids can interact and get their photos taken with.

10. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

My 6yr old already has his eyes on a Darth Maul costume so look like we will be there lol.

11. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

Ha Excellent, see you there and spread the word!!!!!

12. drfeelgood69

drfeelgood69 New Member

Welcome Cavywavy!!

This Star wars event sounds awesome!! Will put it in the diary!!

I gotta ask... with there be a 'Revenge of the 5th' happening the next day?! :p

13. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

Hi Phil, popped into Full Circle a few weeks back, it's a great venue, and the food smelled excellent. (didint have time to eat)

You might want to put a new post regarding the event in the entertainment section, you now have enough posts as well to put up a link to the Full Crircle web site as well if you wish.

14. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

Ha DrFeelGood, Sunday the 5th will be Sunday roasts cooked by my own fair hands 12-6pm. We have a live Jazz band on between 1-5!!

15. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

Thanks Dervish99, I will redo my original post and add the fullcircle website link as well. Glad you like the venue!

16. bewerley

bewerley New Member

Are you connected to guinea pigs in any way?... And welcome to the forum

17. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member

I am not connected to guinea pigs bewerley...and thank you for the greeting!!

18. Rover

Rover Member

Just an off the cuff comment. I'm intrigued as to where dervish 99 came up with the name? I recall seeing a dance performed by what I was told was a Whirling Dervish. Ok 99 is there any connection?