1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Juicing

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by BALL OF SHIT, Oct 6, 2014.

1. BALL OF SHIT

BALL OF SHIT Member

Hi mate, cup water, 2 cups leafy greens ie spinach and kale then 1 to 2 cups fruit. Pineapple is good value plus apples, pears, frozen strawberries and blueberries. Owt that's knocking about really.
    I also blend a carrot to a pulp sometimes and add that plus any veg that I fancy.
    There's no set rules.

Oat job is cup and a half porridge oats, dash milk and a cup or so of water. Drop of honey and a couple of bananas.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Pickpocket

Pickpocket Member

Thanks mate - to what extent do you have to prepare the fruit? Do you need to peel and de-seed the apples, for instance?

4. BALL OF SHIT

BALL OF SHIT Member

No. Just pull the stalk off then cut them into quarters. Blend the pips as well. Apparently they are very nutritious.
    I put ice in as well.
    Have you tried one yet?
    Loads of videos on YouTube. Search for green smoothie.

5. Broady

Broady Member

Favourite Bands:
    Horrible
    I usually pop some protein in my morning smoothie, creatine too if I'm out on the bike or something, PHD do good stuff.

6. BALL OF SHIT

BALL OF SHIT Member

Cheers. Will have a look.
    How much Creatine do you use and do you use it everyday?

7. Broady

Broady Member

Favourite Bands:
    Horrible
    1 small scoop of creatine does the trick, you usually get a little spoon with a tub so it's easy enough to measure. I only have it on days I'm cycling or lifting, before and after with cycling mainly because it's easy enough to pop it in my smoothie before and protein shake after and pop a scoop in my protein shake after lifting / working out.

8. dempseyleeds

dempseyleeds Member

Im no expert but the theory is that to bulk up you need to eat more calories than you would usually have in a day and also lift heavy. So if you aren't doing either of those things I woudnt worry about bulking up.
    If you don't want to add protein powder or eat more meat nuts and eggs good for more protein maybe add some yoghurt to your smoothie.

9. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Or just eat loads of tuna steak. Lentil soup is good as well. Plus you get the added bonus with lentils that you can fart really loud about an hour after eating it.