1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Joe Williams gig diary (Poetry/spoken word)

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by JoeW, Mar 5, 2016.

1. JoeW

JoeW Member

I'll use this thread to list upcoming gigs that I'll be doing with my poetry and spoken word stuff. All are evening events unless otherwise stated. I also pop up at various open mics that aren't listed here. My Facebook page will have occasional information about those, and more regular updates about gigs, publications etc. You can also see my website www.joewilliams.co.uk or my YouTube channel. Let me know if you'd like to book me for anything else.

Wednesday 4 October: The White Swan, Chesterfield
    Guest poet at Spire Writes
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1283775355078560

Saturday 7 October: Red Shed, Wakefield
    We Shall Overcome, with Geneviève Walsh, Simon Widdop, Bard Company and more
    https://www.facebook.com/events/339785133147223

Friday 13 October: Ilkley Playhouse
    Velocities - Ilkley Literature Festival show with Alicia Fernández, Mark Connors and Gill Lambert
    http://www.ilkleyliteraturefestival.org.uk/events/174-fringe-velocities

Sunday 15 October: Ilkley Playhouse
    Ilkley Literature Festival Open Mic Competition (participation tbc)
    http://www.ilkleyliteraturefestival.org.uk/events/225-open-mic

Monday 16 October: Queenie's Coffee Shop, Huddersfield
    Guest poet at Queenie's Coffee House Nights, with Felix Owusu-Kwarteng and Liv Barnes

Saturday 21 October: The Chemic, Leeds
    Saturday Night Acoustics (Compering)
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1786370998340132

Saturday 11 November: The County Hotel, Hexham
    'Killing the Piano' northeast launch, with Alicia Fernández, Lorna Faye Dunsire and Harry Gallagher

Saturday 18 November: The Primrose, Leeds
    With Hadron Collider, Atrocious Cactus, Pat Bourne (music line-up)

Tuesday 21 November: Waterside Arts Centre, Sale
    Guest poet at Write Out Loud Sale

Saturday 25 November: City Screen Basement, York
    Say Owt Slam, with Mark Grist and Tim Clare

Wednesday 6 December: The Hop Shack, Horsforth, Leeds
    Guest poet at WordSpace

Thursday 7 December: Victorian Craft Beer Cafe, Halifax
    Guest poet at Spoken Weird, with Genevieve Carver and Carol Robson

Sunday 7 January 2018: Way With Words, 5 Towns Radio
    Radio show

Wednesday 10 January 2018: The Golden Ball, York
    Guest poet at Speakers' Corner, with Alicia Fernandez

Thursday 15 March 2018: The Exchange, North Shields
    Guest poet at the Stanza

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. alfonse

alfonse Member

nice one Joe, hope to catch you in action soon, which reminds me I need to go some spoken word again soon……..

4. JoeW

JoeW Member

Cheers Dave. You should do some, there's loads of good stuff going on at the moment. Let me know if you need bringing up to date about the various open mics etc.

5. alfonse

alfonse Member

I certainly do need bringing up to date about that sort of stuff yes. I'm planning to go to the Open Mic at The Chemic this Thursday and get the spoken word vehicle back on the road, or summat………..

6. JoeW

JoeW Member

You should come to the Chemic on the 25th for Word Club too. That's my favourite spoken/poetry open mic. I'm there more or less every time. It's always on the last Friday of the month.

7. alfonse

alfonse Member

I'll be in Lithuania then doing the noise stuff, but will bear in mind to future. Cheers lad

8. JoeW

JoeW Member

Added a second appearance at the Writing on Air festival on 15 April.

9. JoeW

JoeW Member

Added FRACA in Chapel Allerton/Chapeltown on 8 May.

10. JoeW

JoeW Member

Updated. Plenty of room for more dates so let me know if you want to book me for anything. I'm happy to do either spoken-word events or mixed line-ups with music, festivals, etc, it's all good.

11. JoeW

JoeW Member

12. JoeW

JoeW Member

Added further details of Jackanory in Wakefield, and the massive Poetry at the Parsonage festival in July.

The all-day event at the Hyde Park Book Club is this Monday, come!

13. JoeW

JoeW Member

I'm in Wakefield next Saturday afternoon, and I've added an appearance at the Happygate Festival in Harrogate on 24 July, which I currently know little about but will let you know when I know more.

14. JoeW

JoeW Member

Confirmed my place in the Poetry at the Parsonage Slam on Sunday 3 July, and added another date at Hyde Park Book Club on 19 July.

15. JoeW

JoeW Member

The Autumn schedule is shaping up - see first post!

16. JoeW

JoeW Member

Next gig is Friday night at the Chemic!

17. JoeW

JoeW Member

I'm compering at the Chemic on Saturday, with musical performances form Ian Bellwood, Paul Whitaker and Guerrilla Miner.

Added a few extra bits and pieces to the schedule too - see the first post.

18. alfonse

alfonse Member

It's going to be a cracker :)

19. JoeW

JoeW Member

Happy New Year everyone. Gig listings updated - not many for 2017 yet, so if you want to book me for something just let me know. Happy to do all kinds of poetry/lit gigs, spoken word sets between music acts, compering, children's birthday parties*, etc etc.

*Probably wouldn't recommend that though tbh.

20. JoeW

JoeW Member

More gigs added, mostly not in Leeds, but to stay on topic I will be a guest compere at Word Club at the Chemic on Friday 27 January.

21. JoeW

JoeW Member

I'll be compering the open mic night at the Chemic this Thursday. All contributors welcome - musicians, poets, lion tamers, whatever you've got.