1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Jimmy Saville rethink.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by halliclone, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BAZI

BAZI Member

:icon_lol: lol

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Yeah, that tickled me too. I like Antony, he has his finger on the pulse!:thumbs2:

Now settle down folks and watch the TV tonight at 22.35 on BBC1 as recomended several days ago by my man Derc!

No more doubts!

4. nevben

nevben New Member

I watched the programme last night. It has left me with more areas of concern in relation to the degree to which matters were not addressed when they came to light.
    In real terms I view the programme as a means of individuals the opportunity to say what they either knew or suspected was going on and to seek to justify why the did not raise their concerns at the time. This in turn implied BBC and other institutions had no or little knowledge of what was going on.
    I find it beyond belief that the institutions did not know or at least have their suspicions and they seem to have kept it quiet so as not to tarnish his name and consequently for their financial benefit.

5. Derc

Derc New Member

Hi Hally me owd mucker, watched the prog, and felt so sorry for those young gullible lasses, they just wanted a bit of sparkle in their lives, and in their innocence, succumbed to the predatory fox. I think this could be the beginning of a wide ranging clear out of bent clergy, and youth org. leaders. There are on going scandals at the moment of cub/scout and g/guide leaders in America and Australia.

6. bewerley

bewerley New Member

Is paedophilia just another sexual preference like homosexuality or heterosexuallity or is it a mental illness like homosexuality was thought to be in Oscar Wildes day?
    If it just a normal activity from people we perceive to be sub normal should there be an awareness campaign in schools during sex education lessons?
    It seems to be so common now on a world wide scale that maybe we should stop being shocked at it and take preventative steps with our kids as Child Line attempted to do.

In Russia Gays are the new Jews,being beaten up for being simply gay. Over here we have accepted Gays and now paedos are the new Jews. It's all so emotive but it needs examining rationally otherwise every man over the age of 40 or Scout leader who lives with his mother will be under threat.

7. Derc

Derc New Member

It's even fashionable to be gay, thanks to tv progs. actors, and entertainers, that have crept out from the theatrical scene and have'nt done a days hard work. Women seem to like them, maybe they're chuffed that a 'man' prefers to emulate them. IMO a gay with power would choose another gay, rather than a boring straight guy. Will Elton John bring up his adopted son as a gay? I for one turn my back on them, they're a pain in the ass! :D :icon_eek: :D

8. bewerley

bewerley New Member

In the days of Pontins in the 1980s, the team who selected next years Bluecoats were all Gay. Guess what , if you could sing and dance and were Gay you got the job.
    On the plus side they were serious about their jobs and made great entertainers .they kept their preferences amongst themselves. holidaymakers children were genuinely cared for in a way you would expect from a professional Company.

I still don't understand Gay Parades and don't quite know what the celebration is.

..and Derc, if you didn't turn your back on them they would not be a pain in your ass.

This is going off topic now as Jimmy Sa Vile is not being demonised for gayness but for being a Groper or worse and possibly with under age girls. I was just wondering where these crimes fit on a scale of 10 for paedophilia.
    If a person photographing kids on a beach is a 1 , an image downloader is a 2 and an Uncle fiddling with his niece is say, a three and an abductor/torturer/murderer is a 10 where might an opportunist Groper fit?

9. Derc

Derc New Member

Yes Bew, I intended it to be a double entendre, if that's the right word.
    Back on topic, there seems to be a scale of indecency in place for image downloaders, so that would be a sub scale, then there are the originators another sub scale. It would be a sickening scale on the whole.

10. BAZI

BAZI Member

+1 :thumbs2:

11. L33DS

L33DS Registered User

it gets worse each day.

12. BAZI

BAZI Member

It sure has. Nearly 300 alleged victims have now come forward.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  13. springhay

springhay New Member

I have to ask though, that within his own family (ie no police or bbc to refuse belief), did none of his nieces feel they could tell their parents? It just seems so strange....And what about the nephew who initially defended these 'allegations' so strongly -- I feel sorry of course. But did absolutely no-one within his family have no clue??

14. bewerley

bewerley New Member

It's pretty obvious they had a clue. However what do you expect families to do? Ring the Police, tell the newspapers? Families don't always even snitch when they know they have a murderer in the family..
    Perhaps the reason all this has happened is to make it easier in the future to tell or for the perpetrators to seek help without too much stigma.

15. springhay

springhay New Member

This will probably be my last word on this -- but what actually makes me annoyed now, is that he was so bloody arrogant with it!!! It now emerges that he was in fact, spoken to by the bbc heirarchy and the police. I would have thought anyone else with his status would have breathed a sigh of relief, and determined to mend his ways -- career being in jeopardy should have been enough of a wake up call, never mind the moral issue!! But not so -- he just carried on, and didnt have a conscience or an ounce of respect for anyone!! What the hell money is going to do for anyone is beyond me -- but its the culture we live in isnt it??

16. bewerley

bewerley New Member

I know so little abOut what's drives some men to grope. It must be an illness rather than a choice. What satisfaction can possibly be derived from a furtive fiddle when the downside is presumably guilt and the passing of power to the victim who can haunt you for the rest of your life.
    I have a brother in law ,50 yards old who continually makes unfunny teenage type sexual innuendo. Is that a mild form of perversion? How do I tell him its all boring and annoying?

I too wonder at the compensation claims and ask what difference they make

17. Rick

Rick Member

I suspect it must be cultural. Different societies treat women in very different ways. Some with great respect, others appallingly. The UK seems to fall between the two; a country that can have a female Prime Minister, yet a women can have her driving ridiculed because of her sex.

The portrayal of women in the media seems worse than ever, it's almost as if the last 50 years of emancipation have never happened. A recent survey by the NUS came up with some awful statistics; google NUS "Hidden Marks" survey. 14% of female students had suffered a sexual assault. Shows that very little progress has been made, if any.

18. springhay

springhay New Member

Oh dont get me started on this one Rick!!! Yes I do agree with the general message in your post but I am of an era when women respected themselves. In dress, manner and certainly behaviour. We didnt get drunk out of our heads and vomit into the gutter with our knickers on show.....nor will I ever say 'they ask for it' -- but decorum has gone well and truly out of the window with young women these days. But I think this calls for a different thread and maybe a forum moderator could do that??

19. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

No need for a mod to do that if you feel the need to start such a thread thats what the forum is for.:thumbs2:

20. Derc

Derc New Member

Not like you to hold back Bew, wether he's 50 yards or years old, make him 'ave it' at the next 'Come dine with me' get together, a plate of cocktail sausages and onion rings might set him up for a fall. :icon_wink:

21. bewerley

bewerley New Member

I hold back because his wife apologetically rolls her eyes as if to say 'you know what he's like.' with a long suffering smile on her face.
    Perhaps like Jimmy Sa Viles family we all want a quiet life.

Ps how I typed yards for years I don't know. Probably iPad predictive text: or as my brother in law might say 'predictive sex fnaar fnaar'

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012