1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Jessica Ennis Poster

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LeedsDailyPhoto, Aug 7, 2012.

1. LeedsDailyPhoto

LeedsDailyPhoto New Member

I know that Jess is from Sheffield but she trains for the Javelin here in Leeds anyone know if there is a large billboard poster of Jess in or around Leeds and if so where?

Whilst not born in Yorkshire I chose to live here and what a result with the athletes from the county, incredible.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Ollievision

Ollievision Member

I think she is trained at Carnegie by Mick Hill for javelin. I haven't seen any big posters.

4. Seaneeboy

Seaneeboy Member

On the side of JJB Sports just down from Boots and H&M, there was a big pig of her up there a few weeks back, should still be there.

5. Derc

Derc New Member

Think you meant pic there Snboy, lol, or was it the one showing her trotting? :D :D

6. halliclone

halliclone New Member

I have one on my bedroom wall.

7. Derc

Derc New Member

With a curly tail Halli?

8. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Not usually!

9. Derc

Derc New Member

Massive pic of her in the sheffield celebration last night, on the BBC One show, brilliant turnout.
    That geezer that was posting a congrats card from all the golden letterboxes, completely left out Leeds
    and yes even Horsforth. Hello BBC, Leeds and H/forth calling, anyone there? :frown:

10. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

I noticed that Derc, perhaps we should all email the One Show to let them know we do exist.

11. Derc

Derc New Member

I've just sent a complaint to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

12. Yes if you monitor the TV carefully there does seem to be some conspiracy going on. If its true that Leeds is now the third biggest city in England then our visibility is much lower than the rest. Although Birmingham also seems to get a rough deal. Its the Luvvy Cities that seem to get the profile Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Cardiff, Sheffield Edinburgh and Nottingham.

ITN talked about Bramhope Nr Otley half the country will not know where either of those are. When soldiers from Leeds are injured or killed serving their country they often prefer to use the suburb they come from rather than the city.

However when you look at the Sheffield Forum they are absolutely paranoid about Leeds and the coverage on Look North. No wonder they opposed the Arena.

Its not hard to see why they get the trams, stadium's etc. and we get trolley buses and bus lanes.

13. Malky

Malky New Member

Sheffield has been in the news a lot for obvious reasons this summer, other than that I think its fair to say that Leeds gets better coverage on the news, especially local news or should that be “Look Leeds” has its called down here in Sheffield.

14. Why obvious reasons they only ended up with one Gold Leeds got two?

Evidence? Just see how many times the Reading Leeds Festival is called the Reading Festival and note where the Southern presenters are based.

15. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Clearly Sheffield is the better place, and deservedly so, BUT HANG ON A MO'!!..Why the jealousy? It is an empty emotion. The good folk of Leeds can learn from Sheff', better themselves, strive to be winners!..In four years time we may have something for Leeds to be proud of too! :) Come on children of Leeds, the world is your oyster! :)

16. Malky

Malky New Member

But had they already been chosen has the British “face” of the Olympics …. Did they have the nation expecting a gold as a foregone conclusion.

17. Yep we are optimistic round here we have to be, think the brothers were down for a Gold Silver expectation. I think this is just what the LEEDS Forum was designed for extolling the well subsidised virtues of Sheffield, are you on the correct site?

18. Malky

Malky New Member

Don’t start that one off again ……….. I was responding to previous comments I wasn’t extolling ( or trolling ) anything.

Its no good the site owner sending me a message asking why I don’t post any more if that’s the kind of response I am going to get.

:icon_lol:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  19. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

Seems to me as both Leeds and Sheffield think the other city gets more local news coverage the balance must be about right.

But I do think the national news tries to avoid Leeds as much as possible.

20. Derc

Derc New Member

MO is from Mogadishu, Somalia Halli, :icon_wink: Don't know what Leeds people could learn from Sheff'? :icon_rolleyes: We are proud of our Three medal winners.
    Shame they were ignored by 'the one show' but two fingers to that!! :hey: