1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

JAC Vapour Electronic cigarettes arrives in Leeds

Discussion in 'Leeds Classified Ads' started by Rob JAC Vapour, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Rob JAC Vapour

Rob JAC Vapour New Member

Your One Stop Vape Shop

After many years online, we've opened our first dedicated high street store in Leeds.

JAC Vapour Leeds will stock the full range of JAC Vapour products, including the NEW SERIES-E range. You will also benefit from the best in-house expertise, on the spot product support and recommendations to best suit your vaping needs.

Have a taste of our best selling e-liquids at our amazing vape bar.

Come in and say hello at: 11 Boar Lane, Leeds LS1 6EN

We’d love to meet you!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

I dont like this at all. These products need to be researched and regulated.

4. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

The bottom line is they are a lot less bad for you than tobacco.
    I don't like to see them being pushed, and with flavours like chocolate available, I'd like to see a bit more regulation to stop kids getting started on it.

5. Fastfreddy

Not so sure Hairy the science is out on this one there has been virtually no research at all and it could be years before the health issues start to surface.

There was a report on watch dog a few months back or was it rip off britain about the toxins present in some of these Vapes. The manufacturer involved was one of the market leaders.

6. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

Alternatively there is smoking which is definitely very bad for you...

7. Rob JAC Vapour

Hello,

Thanks for your comments. Because e-cigs get bad press and there are appear to be new vendors popping up weekly; we do understand your concerns and that for those new to vaping there can be a little hesitation or concern about the safety of products available on the market. JAC Vapour place customer safety and satisfaction above all else.

Contrary to popular beliefs, e-cigs are already regulated under consumer goods legislation, meaning that the products we sell must meet existing UK/EU CE and ROHS guidelines. Further to this, our e-liquids must be packaged and sold in CHIP compliant bottles, with clear warning labels, child-safety caps etc.
    We thoroughly test everything that we sell, and all of our e-liquids are independently batch tested in UK labs to ensure the quality of their contents.
    More importantly, we are one of only 25 members of ECITA (Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association), the UK industry body, which outlines a best practice programme to which we must adhere, entails twice yearly independent auditing to confirm our products are safe for public consumption and that we continue to meet UK and EU Trading Standards regulations. This also confirms that we have upheld their code of conduct, including denying the sale of e-cigs to under-18s.

This is explained in more detail on the ECITA website under 'code of conduct'.

More information on our safety procedures can be found on our website.

JAC Vapour has been around since 2010 meaning that we’ve been around during a period of huge growth in the wider industry. We’ve built a reputation of only offering high-quality, safe products as well as offering the best standards of customer service we possibly can.

If you have any questions about e-cigs which may help set your mind at rest, just pop in to the store on Boar Lane and we’d be happy to chat anything through.

8. Fastfreddy

All good stuff but there has been virtually no medical research at the moment and its that that is the main area of concern, also the toxins present in some of the falvours on the market is a real issue. It will be many years of testing and rearch on public health before anyone can say if these products are actually 100% safe (as claimned) or not. Addicts may well be exchanging one carcinogen for another....you dont know.

9. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

Sorry Freddie, I have to disagree. I tried repeatedly to give up smoking and failed every time.

I switched to e-cigs over a year ago and am quite happy with them.

All the chemicals in them have already been tested, the chemical that makes the smoke is the one used in modern, safe smoke machines, nicotine is addictive, but is not one of the carcinogenic compounds of normal cigarettes. The flavourings have all also been tested previously.

The vapour from e-cigs doesn't spread like cigarette smoke, it sinks to the ground very rapidly, so those around you hardly even notice you are using them.

I would hate for people to have to go back to smoking if they were to be banned.

They never promise to be 100% safe, nothing is, but as a way to reduce the harm from smoking they are invaluable.

Tobacco companies and the manufacturers of the nicotine patches and such are very worried, as this is taking their business off them, are they stirring up the doubts?

10. Fastfreddy

Mr TD I am not saying they dont help people and I guess they have to be better than cigarettes but it just worries me a bit especially after i watched the consumer report on telly about 6 months ago. It was the one Angela Rippon does. And they definately found toxic chemicals in higher doeses than were deemed safe in some of the flavours and it was one of the leading manufacturers not a back street newsagent.

11. Rob JAC Vapour

Your concern is totally understandable. Unfortunately, the media at the moment are not sympathetic towards vaping or vapers themselves, which has led to a number of scare stories, or at least blowing legitimate stories out of proportion. There’s evidence that the wider attitude is softening though, so hopefully this will lead to some more balanced coverage in future.

It’s true that in a couple of cases, some unwanted chemicals have been picked up during testing, with Diacetyl being the most talked about recently. What you should remember, however, is that this has only affected a very small number of flavours, available from a few vendors. In this case, Diacetyl is actually already found in cigarettes anyway, and while of course we don’t want to see it any e-liquids in future, the volume found in the affected flavours is much lower by comparison.

You may wish to read over ECITA’s response at the time, where they discuss in greater detail their testing and safety procedures.
    Ecita blog - diacetyl found in vip butterscotch eliquid

For our own part, we don’t use Diacetyl in the production of any e-liquids. The batch testing we discussed previously also helps us to ensure that our e-liquids continue to be free of contaminants and of the highest quality.

As MTD says above, due to the nature of e-cigs, we can never say that they are 100% safe. Nicotine, while relatively harmless on its own, is still a toxin but when you make the comparison between e-liquids (which normally contain around 15 or so ingredients), and cigarettes (which contain 3-4000, including around 60 known carcinogens), you can see why vaping is generally accepted as a much healthier alternative.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to get back to me.

12. mrkidd85

mrkidd85 New Member

Got any prices?

13. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

I do remember that programme well, and as a vaper I was quite surprised, but also there was a later follow up on this particular brand and the flavour which was "caramel" and it was found that the flavour used was the same flavour that is used in cooking, however because of the way it is treated in the vaping process it did have a high level of toxins, (still less than cigarettes). It has now been withdrawn.

I spent my early life as a Chemist in the Steel Industry, so tend to be quite careful about medications and things like that and always read all of the leaflets and the BNF regarding them. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the dilutant used in vaping is exactly the same as that used in my Asthma inhaler. Speaking of which since starting Vaping 2 years ago I haven't smoked anything since, and I now have not suffered from asthma since starting vaping.

There have in fact been several medical studies carried out and under certain test conditions toxins were found to be produced, but again this was when the vapour was overheated and at low level so there was a dry vape effect, which no-one would actually be able to inhale as it tastes so awful. In normal useage there really are little or no toxins produced above normal background levels. It is not outside the bounds of possibility that something may be found, but with pure pharmaceutical ingredients and better control of the flavourings I don't see a problem with that arising.

Certainly it has helped me give up smoking and I still get my nicotine "fix" but without the health effects I was suffering from whilst smoking, and I had tried all other methods available to stop, to no avail.

14. Leodis

Leodis Member

Well after smoking for 50 years or so, I managed to give it up altogether. No vapour for me thank you very much.
    I now feel so much better. Food tastes better, I don't have any coughs or wheazy chest,
    and I pleased to say no cravings at all now. It only took a couple of weeks for the need for a fag went away, and I now realise that I should have stopped years ago. The house now does't stink of stale smoke either.

15. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

I did manage to give up by going "cold turkey" over 40 years ago, for six weeks, and I went into a phone box and made a call and realised as I came out that I was smoking. Someone had left an open packet in there, and as I usually did I lit up while on the phone, all sub consciously. I then fatally thought "well I might as well finish the packet!" and subsequently carried on smoking till as I previously said 2 years ago. I did change to a pipe though pretty soon after that.

Like you Leodis, I have had no cravings and actually did try to light my pipe and had a massive coughing fit about 6 months ago and the taste was awful so I'm pretty certain I won't restart now.

I have a vaping device which looks and feels like my old pipe so the subsidary sort of trying to find things to do with hands is also appeased. Lol! For me Vaping works well.

16. MrTempleDene

That's very interesting, as I had someone criticising e-cigs who was saying "think of the asthma suffers" (she didn't have asthma herself)

If the liquid used to dilute them is what is used in asthma inhalers then it has already been tested and shown to be safe for them. Therefore does that mean that any asthma sufferers who claim to be affected by them them are having a psychosomatic reaction rather then a physical one?

17. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

Mr Templedene, I suffered from asthma, my daughter suffered from asthma, and she also now vapes, and she also now runs 5 miles per day at least. Something she certainkly could not do before starting vaping instead of smoking. Her asthma has also in the main cleared up.

Also it is mainly water vapour that is exhaled which quickly dissapates downwards below the level of air people would be breathing normally.

So yes, I feel that people who are "reacting" to vapour are in fact having a psychsomatic reaction. Also don't forget the vapour is only really produced externally when the person vaping exhales, it is not like a lit cigarette which is constantly producing smoke and filling the air.

18. MrTempleDene

I certainly feel better for having mine, been switched from "real" cigs for over a year now.

But there are people who refuse to accept they are safer than cigarettes, it's quite strange how people who never seemed to care that I smoked are now incredibly concerned about my health because I vape!

19. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

Yes, I have noticed odd reactions from some people. Having said that, when I spoke to both my doctor and the practice nurse both said they felt it was far better than smoking.

I tend to read the forum which often has really interesting articles regarding health issues, and seems to give a really balanced and well informed approach in dealing with questions regarding health and vaping along with links to both pro and against articles:- http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/

20. negunu

negunu New Member

Switched to vaping just over 3 months ago after years of smoking roll ups. Tried all sorts of other ways, wish I could say the cravings for a cigarette have gone - still find myself wanting one/thinking about it regularly. Guess I'm psychologically 'addicted' as my nicotene need is full filled by the vaping. Going to stick with it, my lungs feel better, and glad to read the above posts re the safety of vaping for self/others. Agree that there is a whole different stigma or attitude attached to vaping, but my doctor is very happy that I have switched to vaping and said the same as you, greybeard, that I need to stop inhaling when there is little liquid left as then it'll be hotter and have more toxins.

21. Greybeard

Greybeard New Member

"Guess I'm psychologically 'addicted' "

It is very strange what the mind will do especially where something like cigarettes are concerned. I went into a tobacconist in Harrogate about 3 years ago and waited a few minutes in a queue, sort of day dreaming. Got to the counter asked the assistant for my purchase, and to my shock they place a packet of 20 Bensons on the counter. "What's that, I asked for an ounce of St Bruno" I sort of stutter to which he replies "No you asked for 20 Bensons!" At that point I hadn't smoked cigarettes for at least 35 years, but I used to smoke Bensons. He was adamant I'd asked him for them, but changed them to the St Bruno I wanted. Whenever I went in there afterwards he always greeted me with the words "Ounce of Bruno?"