1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Introduction to myself

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by Milou23, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

Hi,

I live in Montreal since 12 years but I'm from France. I study psychology at University of Montreal. I plan to do an exchange program with University of Leeds, in winter 2013. So I decided to register in this forum to chat with people who live in the city and eventually study at University of Leeds.

Mylène :)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. woodchip

woodchip New Member

Hello , I hope your studies go well and you enjoy your time in Leeds.we are a very multicultural city and I believe a friendly lot.

4. Malky

Malky New Member

An advanced welcome to Yorkshire, I can see the connection between France and Montreal but why England or more specifically why Leeds ……….. just been nosey.

5. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

I wanna improve my English, and I want to discover a new kind of city, with an European style. That's why I chose England. Then, I had to choose between cities that have a contract with University of Montreal, and there were only London, Westminster, Kent and Hertfordshire. I chose Leeds because it's not a big city like London, not too expensive, more relax. I don't like too big cities :p I like cute cities, and Leeds seems to be like that. Furthermore, the faculty of psychology seems to be good, up-to date in researches and the teachers seem to be very experience ones.
    Tell me if I'm wrong :p

6. Malky

Malky New Member

Well I am not from Leeds so I cant say too much about the city but I can tell you that you are near the north Yorkshire moors and York while the east coast isn’t too far away, you will also find it easy to get to Scotland or London if you want to travel further a field as Leeds is served by the major rail links ……… hope you enjoy your visit.

7. bewerley

bewerley New Member

You can start by never using 'wanna', either written or spoken

8. Malky

Malky New Member

She maybe picking up regional dialect already, I guess the first thing will be to lose any Americanisms she has picked up. :icon_lol:

9. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

Hi Milou, welcome to the forum, what are you going to study at Leeds Uni?

10. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

Since when can't we use "wanna" in spoken language?

11. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

psychology:icon_smile:

12. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

Are you studying there?

13. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

Are you studying there?

14. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

No, i work there.

15. Derc

Derc New Member

Hi Milou, :wave: welcome to Leedsville, I noticed you mentioned psychology earler, Derv must have missed it :icon_eek: Bewerley is just shakin his spear at you, in the form of a Leeds Hakka. :icon_wink: I'm gonna stop using wanna and I'me fixing to use kinda proper Queens English sorta, no probs - enjoy.

16. bewerley

bewerley New Member

Of course you may use wanna as much as you like but if you want to improve your English you must realise that word is slang and looks ugly when written.

17. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

Thank you for your advice Bewerley, it really helps me. In fact, I didn't know what you just taught me. Now I know that "wanna" is an abbreviation for "want to" and that you can't use it in a formal way. Fortunately, you were there to tell me that!

18. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

Thant you Derc!

19. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

Thank* you

20. Malky

Malky New Member

How about “want`t”, don’t worry too much it’s only a forum not a dissertation ……….. I still haven’t grasped it after 51 years. :icon_lol:

21. Milou23

Milou23 New Member

hihi, to be honest, I was a little ironic^:icon_smile: