1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Instrument Insurance

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by AlexanderB, Jan 8, 2009.

1. AlexanderB

AlexanderB New Member

I'm after some instrument insurance because, frankly, I'm fed up of shitting it in case my kit gets lost, stolen or irreperably damaged. As folk on here tend to be clued up on such matters I was wondering if you had any suggestions, recommendations etc.

Thankyou for your time.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. performingchimp

performingchimp New Member

this is in the wrong forum.

But anyway, I use Allianz http://www.allianzmusicalinsurance.co.uk

I have never had to make a claim but my friend did and they were fine about it. I've had it for a few years and not bothered to check prices since, but when I did they were the cheapest.

4. Seaneeboy

Seaneeboy Member

My stuff's covered by my home insurance, as you can nominate things to be covered away from the home...

5. AlexanderB

AlexanderB New Member

Apologies, I did have a mild wibble over which forum it should go in; in the end I figured it wasn't technically about music. Ah well. Anywho, I shall check out Allianz for their reasonableness and cover. Thankyou very much.

6. miker

miker Member

Zurich have something too. Mine's counted as home insurance too. Special offer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i use endsleigh. they seem pretty good value, but i've never tried to claim so can't really recommend or otherwise...

8. Simon iLT

Simon iLT New Member

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newmoon Insurance do Musical Instrument Insurance, as well as public liability which is good if you do gigs.
    It can be cheaper than the excess on some home insurance policys, so worth looking at. The website is http://www.newmooninsurance.com/musical/

10. Matt_Bentley

Matt_Bentley Member

Yeah, mine's covered by my home insurance too, both in the house and away from it.

I'm with Endsleigh and they require you to tell them of specific items which are worth more than £1000.00 each. It does knowck your insurance up a bit but it's worth it I think.

11. JimShatner

JimShatner Member

12. this last

this last New Member

Allianz have proved solid over many years and one or two hefty claims.

13. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Mine stuff is covered under the personal belongings section of my home insurance through Halifax, they were bloody brilliant when I had to use them, settled in less than a week and no increase to my premiums.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allianz aswell, never had to claim but seemed reasonably priced and its a reputable name.

15. MQ

MQ New Member

I'm with musicguard also after being recommended by the lovely Bill Phipps.

16. performingchimp

I miss Bill Phipps. What a nice man. I wonder how he is?

17. MQ

MQ New Member

Not seen him for ages, I hope he's well. I'll check with Danny this week, he still keeps in touch I think, used to meet up with him every few months but not heard him mention it for a while.

18. Seaneeboy

Seaneeboy Member

Well. Am *I* an eedjit.

Although it was technically covered, when I had my bass nicked the other month, it would have cost roughly the same in raised premiums and the excess as to buy a straight replacement.

Given the Allianz quote is £30/year for worldwide coverage inc. I'm DEFINITELY going for that instead for the new Bass.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've just taken out Endsleigh insurance 26quid for the year for £2,000 worth of stuff.

20. performingchimp

I've seen Bill. He's fine. :)

21. MQ

MQ New Member

Awesome! Need to insure my stuff again now I am back playing - is Allianz still the way to go? Do you get a discount for recommending people Jon? Musicguard used to do that, if you do give me the details as if I am signing up anyway someone may as well reap some good from it.