1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

I think I saw a Red Kite flying over Crossgates

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MrTempleDene, Mar 9, 2011.

1. johnnykaos

johnnykaos Member

Those wood pigeons are very greedy birds and will often muscle in on domestic bird tables and scoff the entire lot of food left out leaving none for the smaller garden dwelling birds. However they make wonderful eating so if you can catch one and wring its neck you'll be doing the small birds a favour and getting a tasty dinner at the same time!
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. magpie

magpie New Member

Well yeh, there's also a lot of greedy people around, maybe we should wring their necks and eat them.
  4. johnnykaos

johnnykaos Member

hmm, I wouldnt go as far as cannibalism personally.
  5. Derc

Derc New Member

No reflection on the poster, but the worst bird we have to live with is the magpie, such a noisy, selfish, murdering bunch of feathered gangsters.
  6. bremner8

bremner8 New Member

We are plagued with Nazgul. Bloody things. Fifty foot wingspan, no manners and bad tempered as well. Curse Tolkien.
  7. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

They're only looking for virgins. Don't you have any round your end?

8. bremner8

bremner8 New Member

Me. Well thats what my kids call me.
  9. straas

straas New Member

If he did, surely they wouldn't be virgins! :p
  10. aej1

aej1 Active Member

We saw on today in all its glory swooping down on a garden. It must have been left food out and was so low that you could see all the colours of the bird. Amazing
  11. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

When we did historical events in the s**th of England we frequently saw enormous, noisy flying creatures overhead. Our Wise Man said that they were dragons, looking for virgins to take to their nest at Stansted or some other strange place.

But, said the Wise One, they were always hungry, not many virgins in Essex, Kent - or even Berkshire ... :D
  12. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

I saw one a couple of days ago gliding low. At one point it tilted and I saw its back, it was very beautiful. I've seen thousands of kites, in Wales near Tregaron and in Yorkshire but always contre jour and from below. It was a rare privilege.

13. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

That's a slur on his character, come on Bremmer, hit him!
  14. bremner8

bremner8 New Member

Slur away. Sticks and stones etc. Shows the lack of life in some people if they have to make fun of my sex life. My six children and six grandchildren all agree with me too.:biggrin:
  15. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

Well you've beaten us by one in the children department but we have far more grandchildren. We keep thinking that will be it but still they come ... and the novelty wears off.

Unlike seeing a kite, which is always exciting!

16. bremner8

bremner8 New Member

There is already one due in August. Still have two boys to mature so it could be more.
  17. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

I'm waiting for great grandchildren, when we were our oldest grandchildren's ages we had four children. They don't seem to know how to do it.

18. closedaccount1

closedaccount1 New Member

Or perhaps they just know how to not do it. :icon_wink:
  19. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

Yes, too true :-( One daughter in law refuses to have children because she's googled and knows how awful and dangerous it is ... her mother has had at least four ...

<sigh one great grandchild would be nice. The second - well - the third boring, more ppppphhhhhhhhwwwwww .......... >

<looking through the window for a kite to keep it on topic>

But off to bed. Inebriated. Disgraceful at my age.

20. Derc

Derc New Member

Going to bed high as a kite, is keeping on topic Mary, no hanky panky, straight to sleep!
  21. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

Too tired for hanky panky. Shall be tonight too, two grandsons and their wags are coming to dine. I collected pork from the treetops.

There's always tomorrow.