1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Hypnotherapy in Schools Programme (HISP)

Discussion in 'Leeds Classified Ads' started by HTH1, Mar 22, 2015.

1. HTH1

HTH1 Member

Hypnosis and hypnotherapy can be used to help children (age 5+) and young people with a range of problems. The
    Hypnotherapy in Schools Programme (HISP) has been developed for pupils and staff in schools.

For more information visit: www.hypnotherapyinschools.co.uk

A local HISP Practitioner in the Yorkshire and Humber area is: Jacki Pritchard (Mobile: 07850 045929).

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Interesting. Is this going on in a lot of Schools ?

4. HTH1

HTH1 Member

Hi Fastfreddy. Thank you for your interest. This programme is something that has been developed by Caroline Dyson, a very experienced hypnotherapist in the West Midlands. She has evidenced the success of the programme and is now training other hypnotherapists to deliver HISP. So it is not widespread at the moment but is expanding. The current HISP practitioners are spread across the North West, Yorkshire, East and West Midlands, London and Kent. I think it is very important to offer hypnotherapy in schools as many parents may not be able to afford to send their child to a private practitioner. It should be something accessible to every child if they need it.

5. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

It is a very interesting subject. So is therapy for behavioural issues, or for general improvement to academic performance i.e. helping the students to focus more. What is the main thrust.

I think this is something that probably has massive potential. Properly regulated etc

6. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

I find this really interesting. I'm not sure how many schools will be forward thinking enough to spend their budgets on this, but I hope some are willing to give it a go. I think for children with behavioural issues or anxiety it could be really helpful.

7. HTH1

HTH1 Member

It's really good to read that people are interested in this programme and are positive about the use of hypnotherapy.

To answer Fastfreddy's question: the programme can be used to help children who have range of problems. For example, some children have short concentration spans and need help with focusing; some experience exams nerves - so yes academic performance can be helped. Children can also be helped with emotional and behavioural issues e.g. low-self esteem; lack of confidence; anxiety; fears; effects of bullying. Hypnotherapy can be used to help with thumb-sucking; bed-wetting and soiling; fussy eating etc. The HISP programme offers individual packages or group work. It also offers group relaxation sessions for staff.

Stardust: yes I certainly hope schools in Yorkshire will take an interest. Caroline Dyson has had no problem getting schools interested in the West Midlands. I am always happy to discuss and visit schools to explain the benefits of HISP.