1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Hummingbird Restaurant Chapel Allerton

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by turkey-dinosaur, Sep 1, 2011.

1. turkey-dinosaur

turkey-dinosaur New Member

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

4. turkey-dinosaur

Thanks, forgot to put that.

5. yorkiepud

yorkiepud New Member

Is it any good T-D?

Last time I was in Chapel A we went to Aagrah's and wasn't impressed. Thinking about heading over that way in the foreseeable future.

6. turkey-dinosaur

Yorkie Pud, havent been yet, really want to though as the menu looks fab!

7. YRRunner

YRRunner New Member

I hope this goes really well for Ged and the guys. I really like the concept and honesty in the webpage. Unfortunately Angel's Share kept losing its way and never really set its stall out properly. Good luck, I'll be trying it out soon.

8. Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl New Member

I love Aagrahs!

9. YRRunner

YRRunner New Member

Me too, but unfortunately they're getting too big and the quality isn't the same. Centralised kitchen in Shipley should be consistant, but quality becomes compromised by the time the food reaches their outlets. Shipley is still good because that's where the food is made. Personally, I now prefer Kashmiri Aroma in Ilkley. The owner Tariq is ex-Aagrah but has taken Asian food to a whole other level.

10. AcidMouse

AcidMouse New Member

Wouldnt mind a review of this please before taking my wife and two kids there! seems expensive for 4 :(

11. turkey-dinosaur

hey Acid Mouse, we are currently contacting Hummingbird to arrange a review, watch this space!

12. AcidMouse

AcidMouse New Member

That would be great, chap alerton has some great cosy, family friendly cafe's, resturants so it be nice to add Hummingbird to our visit list!

13. turkey-dinosaur

i agree, chapel allerton is a great place to eat, have you been to sukhothai? We have just reviewed them and running a competition over at the website to win £50 in meal vouchers! I went last weekend, was amazing! I recommend the Massaman for mains!

14. AcidMouse

AcidMouse New Member

Yeah i entered! hope we win not been in since new baby came. We normally get takeaway from there tbh.

15. turkey-dinosaur

Excellent, best of luck, the winner is being drawn at the end of the month!

16. Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl New Member

Went to Red Pepper's in Alwoodley last night and had a great curry.