1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

How can police forces be more efficient?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by wiseguy, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

I've no idea but I'd like to see more on the beat in troublesome area's

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

yer lol they seem to stay away from those areas

5. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Where I live there's a par litterally 10 yards from my front door and there are forever kids getting drunk and fighting, the police enforced a 9pm cerfew (sp?) for 6 months and it was fantastic!

6. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

good weve got a few local shops and youths are always outside drinking etc no one uses the shops after abou 6 in winter because they are all fed up of the abuse etc weve asked even done a petition etc
    still nothing

7. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

trouble is we can only have it for 6 months in a 2 year period :rolleyes:

8. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

so they will be returning no doubt eh

9. halliclone

halliclone New Member

I think the police are scared to go into these areas to be honest, and who can blame them with all the gun and knife problems! :icon_sad:

10. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

but thats there job thats what they choose and what they get paid for

its more the higher ranks i think prefering that they remain in the said areas and dont drift into more up market areas if they are moved on

11. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Good points. I know that it is their chosen career, but they are only human. I know I wouldn't fancy getting myself neck deep in one of those gangs.

12. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

i can see that point but theres plenty of them if they need back up
    this is a fairly nice area but further up the houses are worth a lot more so they dont want them strolling up there do they where the doctors and judges live etc lol

13. halliclone

halliclone New Member

See what you meen, there's probably some truth in that. :icon_sad:

14. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

The most effective thing the police could do to improve efficiency is to increase the public confidence in them.
    Weed out the bad apples and be seen to be weeding.

15. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

totally agree mate

16. halliclone

halliclone New Member

But wouldn't that mean going into the bad areas and risking (as you pointed out) the spread of weeds? What do you totally agree with?

17. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

no its the higher ups hallicone mate that dosnt want them spred etc
    i have to live at the end off the rd from the shops i mentioned and weve put petitions in etc but still no police action or a camera
    i think they should be moved every night mate
    im sorry if i worded it wrong somwhere

18. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

some sort of weed killer required then?

19. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

Well I meant the bad apples in the police force.
    Whether the knob-end on the beat who'll scour your car for an excuse to do you, the thug that beats an innocent man to death, or (most importantly) the higher up that cover these things up.

20. Oldgoat

Oldgoat New Member

If back up is needed officers are taken off other duties and out of other areas leaving these said areas uncovered. If the general public knew how few officers cover very large ares of the city there would be uproar. The Police are seriously undermanned and we should all be concerned about it.

21. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

we all are oldgoat but the goverments answer is have more specials which to me is not good enough