1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Help with gigs

Discussion in 'Music Chat' started by Gospel Dogs, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Gospel Dogs

Gospel Dogs New Member

Hi

We 'The Gospel Dogs' are a newish 6-piece rock, soul and funk covers band but we're struggling to get gigs. Can anyone recommend any good bars/pubs where this kind of music would go down well. We'd struggle to play in a lot of the typical smaller venues because of our size (as in band members not physical size!). We have our own PA system too. We're not looking to do agency type function gigs too.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Gospel Dogs

Gospel Dogs New Member

4. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Put your own gigs on. Pretty much all of the venues in Leeds are amenable to being booked. Yeah, it'll cost you but you can get that cash back if you do your own promotion.

If you're dead good and don't act like arseholes you'll be fine. People will queue up to book you. Good luck!

5. doc

doc Active Member

Hi I could do with a band like yourselves to play with inbetween at the primrose 10th dec do funk and soul originals and covers

6 piece would fit in most small places but for covers funk and soul peak at the hi fi and wardrobe

other places paying for covers are roscoe , horseshoes , black bull, oneills , look where bands playing list playing

used to be lot more places out Bradford hudds Halifax way at one time

6. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

I fully agree with Agent's advice on this. You can't go far wrong with his suggestions.

Also...Doc is a lovely bloke and will certainly help get you started.

7. doc

doc Active Member

cheers gaz 10th dec now sorted

8. chopper

chopper New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Radiohead, soulwax
    Really sorry for delayed reply Doc. Forgot my login details and waited ages to get a reset.
    If you've got any other dates that need filling just let me know.

Cheers

9. doc

doc Active Member

21st jan & 18th feb

10. chopper

chopper New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Radiohead, soulwax
    I'll just check with the guys and get back to you asap. Cheers