1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

HELP / Advice - One of my friends is selling me a Black Sabbath ticket

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by runaways, Dec 12, 2016.

1. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    for the Leeds Arena in January.

I'm anxious about getting in, don't they have things in place to prevent touting, resales of tickets etc? Am I gonna have to produce ID of the girl who sold me the ticket and convince them I'm her?

If anyone has experience in dealing with such bureaucracies then do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. GregB

GregB Active Member

I have tickets and am pretty sure you don't need to have ID for this one.

I knopw Green Day & Iron Maiden have these restrictions but it's not the same for every gig and I've not had to show any ID for the 5 or 6 gigs I've been to at the arena.

If she already has the tickets ask to see them as there is only likely to be a problem if it has her name printed on them.

If in doubt you should probably just give the arena a ring and say that you and a friend aren't going to be able to arrive at the same time so would that be a problem

4. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    Thanks Greg!

The ticket hasn't arrived yet (so at least it's a physical ticket)

When I went to see Fleetwood Mac I didn't have to show ID, but I know you had to at Biffy Clyro last weekend. She says she's trawled through the FAQs and it doesn't say a great deal about it so I should be in luck. Hope so anyway, standing tickets for 75 quid, would be a real shame if I don't get in!

5. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Doesn't that kind of ruin the idea of buying tickets for friends and family? Or does it have the name of the person attending on the ticket? Sounds like a right mare that.

6. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    innit, not keen at all. Although all could be well, only some gigs are strict with it. I got into fleetwood mac with no problems but I've heard people struggle with the likes of Biffy Clyro, RHCP etc.

I mean, do I need to get her to write a covering letter pretending to have bought me it for christmas or something? copies of driving licence etc? I don't even know. I just dont wanna pay 80 quid for a ticket for some jobsworth to say NO MATE

7. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

That sounds like a right risk. Worth a complaint letter that. It could all be avoided by policing touts, taking tickets off them if they are caught touting and then sell them on the door at face value.

8. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    .....ticket arrived.... phoned venue.... no problems, yeahhhh

9. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    Well this was a bloody fine gig.

Iommi is a bloody god, Ozzy can't string a sentence together but he can still somehow sing, and when he needs a rest the crowd did a great job at covering for him.

Yeah, good night and good set list. I am warming to the arena, but it's a shame hardly anyone decent ever plays there.