1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Hello, New to forum

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by sixtiesfashions, Feb 13, 2015.

1. sixtiesfashions

sixtiesfashions New Member

Hi,
    I've just joined the forum. I'm an academic researcher looking at the development of fashion retailing in the 1960s.
    I'm interested in finding out if anyone remembers Schofields department store in the 1960s. In particular, if anyone has any memories of the women's fashion department there. I am trying to find out about a 'pop-up' shop that was linked to the fashion magazine Honey. Apparently Schofields was the first department store to feature this innovation.
    Does anyone remember it?
    Does anyone remember reading Honey?
    I'd love to hear from anyone who remembers the shop, bought clothes there or anyone who read the magazine!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Slaphead2

Slaphead2 Member

Hi there

Welcome to the forum!
    I can't really comment on the pop up shop in Schofields in the sixties as I was a male teenager and my clothes as a Mod only stretched to Levis, Wrangler jackets and a fur lined Parka for the scooter and a mohair suit for dances and youth clubs
    However my wife recalls that Schofields was considered the 'high class' shop in leeds and remembers being taken there by her mother to the in store cafe for tea and scones - a real treat on a Saturday!

4. Leodis Loiner

Leodis Loiner Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015