1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Hello, I'm new to leeds and to the uk.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by resurrectionlily, Jul 25, 2011.

1. resurrectionlily

resurrectionlily New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm Megan, 25, and I just moved to Leeds from the US (Ohio) to live with my boyfriend Dan. Joined this forum because I felt it would help me get to know people around the area (since my boyfriend is *such* a social butterfly :rolleyes:) and to help me fit in more in general.

The visa I'm on for at least 6 months doesn't allow me to work as of yet and I only brought two books with me. Since I can read faster than something can be mailed to me I'm going to get pretty bored, pretty quickly. So I'm hoping to get to know people around Leeds to socialize with an perhaps become friends with.

Because, let's be serious, having your boyfriend and his family be your only friends is really lame and unhealthy. Plus my boyfriend is allergic to everything I love to do: eat ice cream with stuff mixed in it, devour sushi, and sing karaoke at the top of my lungs. :D If you like to do any or all of those things we should definitely be friends. (extra points if you like tarot cards)

Nice to meet you, this was really long, I was bored. :)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Malky

Malky New Member

Welcome to the forum, sorry I cant help you get to know Leeds as I don’t live there but I am sure you will be fine.

4. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

Hi Megan, :wave: welcome to the forum, Leeds is a varied city i'm sure there will be something here to keep you occupied.

5. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Welcome Megan.:icon_smile:

I love ice cream with bits of sushi mixed in, Dan just doesn't understand us does he.:icon_wink:

What are your thoughts on socks?:hey:

6. nevben

nevben New Member

Hi Megan, welcome to Leeds and the forum hope you enjoy your stay

7. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Watch him Megan, he's on the pull!! :D:icon_wink:

8. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

oh and you're not? :icon_lol:

9. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Who? Me?.......:hihi::hihi::icon_wink:

10. conway700

conway700 New Member

Hya hun, how's trix kidda? Leeds is a cool cool city and I'm sure you'll love it here, always sommat to do, so be good, behave, and enjoy!

11. resurrectionlily

resurrectionlily New Member

Thanks for the warm and interesting welcome everyone!

Halliclone: I'm glad to meet someone who also likes sushi and ice cream. ;] I'd prefer mine separated though. Also I love socks! They're so comfy. As long as they stay away from my sushi and my ice cream.

12. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Hello Megan,

Welcome along and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about our City :)