1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Hello from Rotherham!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by Janus, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Janus

Janus Member

Hello to everyone! I’m in Rotherham, and just joined the Leeds forum as you can see. Time to expand my horizons. :icon_lol:

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Derc

Derc New Member

Welcome to Leeds forum Janus, enjoy your shopping tomorrow, as in most cities, keep a tight grip on your handbag, don't be too distracted by anyone,
    otherwise Leeds is a great place for shopping amongst friendly fellow notherners. :icon_wink:

4. Bygone Leeds

Bygone Leeds New Member

Hi Janus :wave:

5. Janus

Janus Member

Hi Bygone,
    That avitar is really clear and a sharp picture. Ive not seem them that size on Sheffield forum :huh: I wonder if it`s anything to do with the display settings?

6. Derc

Derc New Member

Apologies for the poor response to your hello and shopping posts Janus, I can only presume Leeds members are on holiday or have gone to the different festivals, with their wellies! :rolleyes:

7. BAZI

BAZI Member

Using Photoshop to resize an avatar might help.. i think ?

8. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, Janus.

9. Bygone Leeds

Bygone Leeds New Member

I just cropped and resized one of my piccies to 80x80 pixels (which I think is the max allowed) at 72 pixels per inch in Photoshop :icon_smile:
    Hope you're enjoying your day in Leeds and manage to dodge the rain! :icon_smile:

10. Janus

Janus Member

No appologies needed Sir,:cool:, I `m pleased I was allowed to join, but thank you anyway. :thumbs2:

Bygone, do you know whether or not photoshop is capable of enlarging a photo? The one I wanted to use is from the net, and it is the size now as it was when I "grabbed" it, and nowhere near as sharp as yours.

11. Bygone Leeds

Bygone Leeds New Member

I'm not aware of any way to enlarge a photo and also make it sharper i.e. more detail. You can use the sharpen filters but they won't add any detail that isn't already there, only noise. :icon_smile:

12. Loiner91

Loiner91 New Member

Cool I might join the Sheffield Forum so I can defend my city when someone is poking fun of it or posting false information about Leeds or dissing our Regional News, "Look Leeds" :icon_wink:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  13. Leodis Loiner

Leodis Loiner Member

Hi Janus,

Welcome to the forum!

:)

14. Highly recommended I am on there already just keeping an eye on them. Its very worthwhile because all Sheffield's ills, problems, lack of City Centre, loss of airport, lack of investment, poor acoustics in their Arena is just down to one thing.....their poor old cousins up the Motorway L**ds. We get 'slammed' for everything !

15. Janus

Janus Member

Thanks for the continuing welcomes:wave:

Like Ramsden, I can recommend the Sheffield forum. Mainly because it is very lively, with a large number of members who provide a vast amount of information, advice & opinions. BTY, does Doncaster or Barnsley have a forum?

16. Yeah lots of good stuff on there too. You just realise that the two cities are like twins really. I don't contribute all that much even though I work down there about two days a month, but much of it is interesting but I think specific to Sheffield, even if it mirrors whats going on here. I do try and put the Leeds point of view in when the paranoia and the knocking is a bit unfair from some minorities on there ! In the main we have very much in common.

Not come across any Forums in this stable for anywhere else yet.

17. Janus

Janus Member

Someone started a Rotherham forum on Proboards and it never really got going. I was just looking at it and the latest post on there seems to be April this year. Other than that, most of the other posts were in 2011, so not very good really.

As for the type of forum or host (if that is the right term) I note that this forum is the same as Sheffield in respect of format. What is the name or format called (as opposed to Proboards for example)?

18. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

It is powered by vBulletin (as stated at the bottom of each page).

19. Gargoyle

Gargoyle New Member

Hi Janus and welcome. I have visited a few forums around Rochdale, Skipton, Nelson etc. But non of them are as good as this one. Oh dear, all my dogs are barking, its just started to thunder, here I go, I'll be huddled up with them on the floor telling them its all ok...

20. aej1

aej1 Active Member

Hi Janus and welcome to the best forum ever. Leeds is the greatest place to live and the best city in the world. And loiners are the greatest people you could ever get to meet.
    Ann

21. Janus

Janus Member

Hi Ann. :icon_smile:

What`s a Loiner :huh: