1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Hello - an event on Monday 25th May

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by ArmleyMills, May 24, 2015.

1. ArmleyMills

ArmleyMills New Member

Hi everyone!
    Just a quicky. I'm here with the Armley Mills Industrial Museum team - as part of the Sierra Leone National Railway Museum. It might sound crazy, but I'll explain more about the event we're holding tomorrow (BH Monday 25th May).

Come along - West Riding To West Africa is loads of fun and there's so much here for families to do - as well as adults to look at. We even have JACK the steam railway engine, built in Leeds in 1898, fully restored and doing very rare runs on the railway. It's not run for two years!

We've been on international BBC News all today and ITV Yorkshire too!
    If you've not been for ages then MONDAY is the day to do it. Come and say hello and learn about the Hunslet link to Sierra Leone - and explore this MASSIVE museum full of incredible big industrial STUFF! It's an absolute maze of things, films, a cinema, exhibits, engines, trains, sheds of stuff and a huge wollen mill.

Come say hi!

A wonderful news report about the event on ITV Calendar tonight will follow

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ArmleyMills

ArmleyMills New Member

I forgot to say that I'm Tim - I'm a volunteer with the Sierra Leone team...

4. ArmleyMills

ArmleyMills New Member

And we can't post links to the event I want to invite you to until we've posted 5 posts apparently - so I hope you don't mind but I'm going to post a couple of quick posts first so I can show you all the link!

5. ArmleyMills

ArmleyMills New Member

And here's post #4. Cor!

6. Leodis Loiner

Leodis Loiner Member

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum!

:icon_cool: