1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Has anything happened to the Cosmo restaurant on Boar Lane yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by leedsvisitor, Jan 20, 2016.

1. leedsvisitor

leedsvisitor Member

I understand it closed in 2014 due to flooding, but when I went to Leeds during last year nothing seemed to be happening with it. The last thing I heard was on their website just before Christmas saying it will be reopening that year. I also sent them a couple of messages on Facebook asking if it was reopening, and they said it will be.

However, the Leeds restaurant has been completely removed from their website now, and nothing has been mentioned on their Facebook page. I was just wondering if anyone had been past it and noticed anything happening? If it isn't reopening as Cosmo, is there any idea what it will be?

Thank you for any help.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. doc

doc Active Member

craft beer pub

4. leedsvisitor

leedsvisitor Member

Thank you. Can anyone recommend an alternative similar to the Cosmo restaurant please? Is the Red Hot Buffet any good?

5. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
  6. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I've heard polarised reviews of Red Hot buffet, people either love it or loathe it.

WHat sort of food was Cosmo?

7. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Red Hot World Buffet is like a drunk got a minute's trolley dash around Iceland (the shop) and slapped it all in the oven.

8. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Hang on, I was thinking of Red Chilli. I've been to Red Hot Buffet, it's utter rubbish. Half a dozen different cuisines all cooked extremely badly.

9. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Red Chilli is decent but their portion sizes are comical. Every meal is like a Man Vs Food challenge there. I don't understand it. Must be a Szechuan thing. I can barely get through half of their dishes it's absolutely mental...Fortunately in Chinese culture that's probably quite polite.