1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Gutters need cleaning

Discussion in 'Leeds Classified Ads' started by alanalan20, Jul 5, 2012.

1. alanalan20

alanalan20 New Member

Can someone recomend a company/service that will clean my gutters for a reasonable price in north leeds.

When it rains the water flows over and down the walls. I did clear one out which is not too high (just above the garage) and it was filled with leaves/mud.

Thanks

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Rick

Rick Member

Window cleaners will sometimes do this, as they are happy to work on ladders!

Might be the downpipe is blocked or can you see water coming out at the bottom?

4. alanalan20

alanalan20 New Member

Good idea, water is coming down them but it's a trickle, and given the amount of rain we have at the moment it definitely points to a problem.

I don't have a window cleaner :icon_redface:

5. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

Hi Alan. Im a decorator and gutter cleaning is all part of external work for my trade so i would be willing to give you a price for the work.

What type of house is it?

6. alanalan20

alanalan20 New Member

Thanks, I did find a tradesman but he's let me donn THREE times. I'll emaik you details.

7. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

Cheers mate. Im trying to reply but as Im new to the forum i have to post 5 times before i can inbox. Hopefully this is my 5th.

8. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

I've inboxed you

9. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

I take it you got sorted then mate?

10. groovyjazz

groovyjazz New Member

Hi Fitzydec can you please send me a msg please? I'm looking for someone to install some gutter guards? Those things which apparently stop leaves/branches from getting into the gutter.

11. Lizzy

Lizzy Member

Hi, we have the same problem on our semi in Roundhay. We do have a conservatory to getting to the gutter in some places is not as easy.

Also have 4 small leaks need sealing.

Can you give me an idea of price please??

12. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

Hi Lizzy. Unfortunately Im snowed under with my decorating jobs at the moment and booked up until next spring.

Also worth noting - I only do gutter cleaning and not repairs.

13. Lizzy

Lizzy Member

Thanks for letting me know Fitzy :) xx

14. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

No worries. Might need you at some point though

15. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

Yes its something Im considering. Prob next year now though

16. fitzydec

fitzydec New Member

Thanks luv will be in touch x