1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Good Things - The Best Thread Ever

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mr Gary C, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Gary I think your Avatar is a total disgrace. A stereotypical image of a chinese person is offensive and and an appalling gesture towards hardworking and culturally diverse chinese people. You are a disgrace for showing such an image. I am completely offended by it an I have reported it to the MODs. I asked a chinese friend and she tells me that when she saw it she was sickened at the way European peole view the chinese in avatars such as this and the kind of films you are posting clips of.

Incidentally have you looked at the copy write issues for reposting video on this web site. Are you sure you can do that. I think I will report you to the studios who hold the copyright for these clips.

A total disgrace its about time someone took action on this sort of thing

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. tome

tome Active Member

An elderly Italian gentleman lived alone in New Jersey . He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, since the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
    I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over.. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
    Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
    Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where the bodies are buried.
    Love,
    Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
    Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances.
    Love you,
    Vinnie

JBR*, eggle and Mr Gary C like this.
  4. JBR*

JBR* Member

Three sisters, aged 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together.

One night, the 96-year old draws a bath, puts her foot in and pauses. She yells down the stairs, "Was I getting in or out of this bath?"

The 94-year old yells back, "I don't know, I'll come up and see." She starts up the stairs and pauses, and then she yells, "Was I going up the stairs or coming down?"

The 92-year old was sitting at the kitchen table having tea. Listening to her sisters, she shakes her head and says to herself, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful," and knocks on wood for good measure.

She then yells, "Don't worry, I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I've seen who's at the door."

Janus and Mr Gary C like this.
  5. AgentW

AgentW Member

6. AgentW

AgentW Member

7. AgentW

AgentW Member

8. AgentW

AgentW Member

9. AgentW

AgentW Member

You can't have the greatest thread in the world without the greatest pop band in the world. I've checked the rules, and it's in all in there.

10. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Yep, them's the rules...

11. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Nice one jbr

12. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  13. tome

tome Active Member

Same as a jpg

[​IMG]

14. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Got it. Ta!

15. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
  16. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    As this is the best thread ever it should no go down .
    And also something wich should not go unnoticed is the worst dancer in the world ever. It is a clip from an Adrianao Celantano movie...nice song;24ooo kisses...
    But please keep an eye on the bartender in the clip..his name is propably Luigi or something and he asked the director;what should i be doing during the song? To which the director replied;Oh, just dance or whatever..
    And so did Luigi...the worst dancer in the world!

17. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

No discussion of bad dancing is complete without...

MarcPollitt84 likes this.
  18. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Great thread

19. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

20. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Thanks for re-kindling this thread.

I'd still like this thread to be a place where people can post things that make them smile, things that may make others smile and just good things in general.

I've tidied up my original silly comments about it being a world record attempt...it's just for fun.

21. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

[​IMG]

Croggy and Mr Gary C like this.