1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Good places to watch the footy in town?

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by Fezz, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Fezz

Fezz Member

Sure there have been a load of threads about this already, but I can't find them.

I finish work at 7.30 tomorrow so won't have time to get home or to Rotherham to watch Leeds tomorrow. The game is on Sky and my question to you is where is good to watch it in town?

A decent sized screen, beer and some seating would be preferable

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

Foley's is kind of OK but you need to get a good seat, which you won't get on a Friday night at 7:30. Toast just off Wellington Street has a big screen and is good for watching, although it will be full of yuppies on a Friday night. On;y watched international football there before but I assume the big screen is a permanent fixture.

To be honest there isn't really anywhere great, especially on a Friday night. I usually end up in the Brudenell for football in the pub.

4. dodell

dodell New Member

I struggled with this a couple of Saturdays ago. Settled on The Central also just off Wellington St which was alright, at least they had some good beer on.

Pin near Adelphi is ok but small screen, probably be shite on a Friday night.

5. idb

idb Member

Favourite Bands:
    Indie
  6. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    elbow rooms wasn't too bad last time i went in. It was dead. beats sports bar.

7. Owen Grammatique

Owen Grammatique New Member

The best place I've found is PIN on Dock Street. Total wanker free zone, big screen, most games shown, Leeds Brewery beers on tap and cans of Kolsh. Also have Soccer Saturday on. Not bad.