1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

God this forum is dead

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cahill, Jan 21, 2016.

1. cahill

cahill New Member

My advice. Move to Sheffield

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

This has been a public information broadcast on behalf of the hard of thinking. Please give generously. Thank you.

4. tome

tome Active Member

God isn't here. Try a church

5. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

It's not dead, it just smells funny

6. alfonse

alfonse Member

Just having a kip after a heavy new year.

7. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Just on a good old fashioned tea break.

8. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I wonder if anyone thought "hey, this forum is quiet, maybe I should sell my house, quit my job and move myself and my entire family to Sheffield because their Internet Forums sound bangin'".

I imagine the only reason Sheffield forums are so lively is because it's such a shithole nobody wants to go out, they're all stuck at home glued to their laptops.

GregB likes this.
  9. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Y'see, I understood it a little differently: "this forum is dead, and the way to revive it is for everybody to move to Sheffield" is the message I got.

Unfortunately, given the OP's less than prolific posting history (a certain amount of irony in that, too), we can reasonably expect clarification in something like four months' time.

alfonse likes this.
  10. alfonse

alfonse Member

The Xmas adverts will be on then too - lovely

11. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

I quite like Sheffield. Played some good gigs there and been on the radio over there a few times.

Not too keen on the football grounds. Both seem really out of date...Hillsborough is probably the best out of the two and I have been to both.

The Leadmill has one of the worst atmospheres for a gig venue I've ever been to.

City centre's decent enough.

12. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Oh lordy, this is so true.

13. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

I quite like the idea of Sheffield. The reality's a bit shit, though.

JohnnoLS8 and Mexico75 like this.
  14. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

I've never been to Sheffield..... why would I when I live in Leeds??

Mr Gary C likes this.
  15. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Sheffield is quite a good city. When Tramlines is on it's a brilliant atmosphere. I've played at Leadmill but not for a long time. It was always a bit mucky. ha. Your pedals stick to the stage.

16. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

TBH I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than move to Shef, it's not even a decent place to visit never mind live.

17. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

You're going to the wrong places then :)

18. He turns up from time to time, he's a Sheffield troll. I would knock him but I do exactly the same to wind them up when their L**ds paranoia and green green envy bubble over on Sheffield Forum. Thats about twice a day, many of them love Sheffield so much they wish they were in Derbyshire, strange confused people, pity them.

19. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

It does puzzle me that Sheffieldforum is so much more active than Leeds. Too busy IMO, I don't bother going there any more.

20. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    I had a look and it seems people in Sheffield are too afraid to leave the house in case of ISLAM so spend all day posting.

Mr Gary C and alfonse like this.
  21. cahill

cahill New Member

Wow, I'm either psychic or I wrote that message in my sleep ! I haven't looked at this forum since methuselah was a lad and Sheffield United weren't quite as rubbish as they are now, so as you can imagine I' m a bit nonplussed as to why the op appeared on the 21st Jan 2016 ?