1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Getting a banner done

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by littleelvis, Aug 23, 2009.

1. littleelvis

littleelvis New Member

I want to get a banner done that I can take to gigs with me, All I want on it is my stage name and my myspace. Can anyone tell me how I would go about getting this done and roughly how much it would cost. Thanks guys and gals. :D

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. kev-access

kev-access New Member

The one we had last night was about fifty quid and that was size A0... but I suspect you'll be wanting something a bit more hardwearing if you're gonna be taking it to gigs with you.

You'll probably be able to get something a lot cheaper if you shop around.

Top day yesterday too btw everyone had a cracking day

4. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

Contact Adam @ SeenBy. He's called 'seenby' on here. Give him a PM. He gives good rates.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cheers Gav, that was kind of you.

hello little elvis, what size are you needing?
    there are two types that would be suitable; you can go for a PVC banner or a fabric banner. Fabric banners are easier to transport, look after and will not crease as permanently. PVC banners are a little cheaper but are bulkier and a little harder to look after to keep looking fresh.

as a bit of an idea of price:
    - 1m x 3m banner with hems and eyelets - £55
    - 3m x 3m banner with hems and eyelets is - £210

- 1m x 3m fabric banner with hems and eyelets - £100
    - 3m x 3m fabric banner with hems and eyelets - £240

+ delivery

if you would like to have a chat about the banners you can email me on studio@seenby.co.uk or call on 01274 891178

cheers

6. Pat Badger

Pat Badger New Member

7. andyabbott

andyabbott New Member

i've used award banners a few times and they are cheap and fast. recommended.

8. littleelvis

littleelvis New Member

Thanks again for all yoour help guys. :)

9. Fezz

Fezz Member

I bet Band Dad knows....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does anyone know of a company that does bass drum front heads?

a simple design, just "the wick effect" in Courier New font, white on a black background, at a suitable size

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. benjhannah

benjhannah New Member

Try Awesome Merchandise. They're based in Leeds and used to do just badges. We got a 10' x 4' PVC banner for £60 which is huge and in full colour. It looks the dogs bollocks too!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we made our own one, all it took was a banner we found, some spray paint, stencils, and half an afternoon!

http://plixi.com/p/13589275

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the band projects I get for stage dressing and backdrops I always use and send people to http://www.futuregrafixltd.com (Their website is under construction at the moment) great quality and service :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im promoting a band and have made artwork for an upcoming gig.

BUT i need to find somewhere cheap to print posters!! anyone know anywhere?

I need 4 in A3 size and 10 in A4 size. how much will this cost me?

Thanks

16. DROPTHEPHONE

DROPTHEPHONE New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Shy Child, Metronomy
    ebay is amazing for cheap printed banners.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I run Fuzz Digital, we are based in Bradford but have a daily delivery service to a shop in Headingley. Sample pricing 6ft x 3ft - £30.00 We can produce banners very quickly too. Thanks

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im all for DIY stuff, but be aware that most venues wont allow you to hang stuff that isnt on flame resistant material. Some will even ask you to provide proof its flame retardisity(?). I dunno if that means theyll ask you to take a lighter to it though. Haha.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy dudes and dudettes .. just seen this banner post, if you need anything at all along these lines then seriously get in touch with me, I have contacts everywhere and for everthing, best thing you can do is keep my number...

My game is web and digital design but with that over the years I have sought all the products and services needed by Bands, DJ's and Labels. Get in touch after viewing my site if you need anything at all.

I am currently doing Solo Artist websites for £150 and Band websites for £200. A choice of 3 templates along with 12 months Free Hosting and a domain name, linked to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, MySpace and Sound/Mixcloud ... again, check my site and ring me if you need me... http://brandingboss.com

Sam (DJ esSDee http://djessdee.com)

Morley, Leeds.