1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Free SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) for Leeds forum!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Tech Repairs, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

Thanks, I was specifically after the Google result as, for better or worse, that's what the vast majority use. Glad to see we're back now, #3 is better than page #3 :D

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

seems to vary, I googled with "private mode" turned on and we were #2

4. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

3rd listing for me, using google.

5. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

On AV or rather yahoo we're 2nd.

6. BAZI

BAZI Member

checked last week, it was position 1 today position 2.. still dancing.

7. Yorkshiredirect

Yorkshiredirect New Member

Hi I have been involved with SEO for nearly 10 years, Google's algo updates in my opinion are to make it harder to rank well so businesses resort to google adwords. However I would say a forum based community like this will generate more traffic through the social channels.

In fact i found this forum on Twitter!, is "leeds forum" searched as a keyword anyways? Use the google keyword planner this gives search volumes for keywords, you need to be signed into a google account to use the free keyword planner

8. Yorkshiredirect

The search term "leeds forum" should be a no brainier too rank well for. The forum is using a "EMD" (exact match domain). Google turned down the power of EMD's as a ranking factor because of low quality websites getting higher rankings just because of the domain.

Just done a "who is" search and noticed leedsforum.co.uk was registered back in 2007 meaning your domain carries age which is a huge boost on the search engines. You guys could add a little more "adsense" within the threads for increased adsense earning?

9. BAZI

BAZI Member

Google only slaps spammy EMD, this forum is not spammy..

10. Yorkshiredirect

Yeah Bazi, thats basically what i was saying. Thats why ranking well for "leeds forum" should be a no brainer! it was more in reply to what the original post of the thread said

11. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

Hi,

We were, a few posts up, ranking between 1 and 3 for "leeds forum" but it appears we are currently stuck in a Google ping pong match as we fly back and forth between the top and nowhere. We've tracked down a few issues which should now be fixed. The ranking has remained steady 1/2 in Bing this whole time, it's just Google that we seem to be having a strange 6 months or so with.

12. Yorkshiredirect

Just had a look at the back links to the domain, there is a very large amount of links with the anchor text "leed forum" over use of anchors can make rankings jumpy as they get indexed and then devalued. Do you have any unnatural link warnings within your webmaster account?

13. BAZI

BAZI Member

The age of a domain has no authority IMO, although I can see quite few anchor text links coming from Sheffield forum.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  14. Yorkshiredirect

yeah Bazi lots of anchor text, I used to work for domain registrar and premium domains that had age would always sell for a lot more than domains without age. Also Matt cutts claims on his blog that domain age is very important for ranking because of the "trust" element.

15. BAZI

BAZI Member

I buy and sell domains, I also run an SOE company, the age of a domain has no advantage when ranking. I always thought Matt Cutts said the opposite. No disrespect Alec, Click the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_1NQWQJ2Q

16. Yorkshiredirect

non taken Bazi, makes sense that domain age is something domainers play up to add value to their domains. I had been told from many sources that it did make a difference but nevermind,

17. BAZI

BAZI Member

I was lead to believe the same some years back, but going back to your point about anchor links, what tool are you using? I’m checking on Back Link Watch.

http://www.backlinkwatch.com/

18. Yorkshiredirect

19. sheerled

sheerled New Member

i am a webmaster of Led Bulbs and purchase SEO services from a seo expert and its better good

20. Yorkshiredirect

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  21. BAZI

BAZI Member

Hi Webmaster, sounds like you've been ripped off