1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Free SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) for Leeds forum!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Tech Repairs, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Tech Repairs

Tech Repairs New Member

When searching for Leeds forum on Google, it doesn't even come up. First of all the domain should be registered with Google, costs nothing and takes a few minutes. But I think you may have to be the owner of the domain to register it, I'll look after posting this.

Also, once the domain starts being found in Google someone needs to - or between it's active users, start to post about popular events/news topics with SEO friendly titles.

Fastest way to grow the forum in my opinion is to just increase the general amount of traffic so this domain ranks above the forums of Leeds United when searching for "Leeds Forum"

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Thanks for your comments.

4. Tech Repairs

Tech Repairs New Member

No worries, if you want advice on SEO for this place drop me a message. I used to work ion web design especially for small businesses.

5. Daniell

Daniell Registered User

Its not a business, its a small community :icon_lol:

6. Tech Repairs

Tech Repairs New Member

Yeah, but the SEO model is similar to a small business in the sense that there isn't a tonne of self-generating, new traffic.

7. BAZI

BAZI Member

If you Google Leeds Forum now, its number one :icon_cool:

8. Derc

Derc New Member

Type 'Leeds', not predictive stuff, Leeds castle is there, no forum!!
    Are we too stubborn or smart arsed to heed advice?
    Rome has long since burned and the 'Titanic' fiddle has now been sold.
    Forward and onward.

9. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

Not at all, you're never too old to learn new tricks.

Feel free to post any specific advice on this thread if you feel we're missing a trick at the moment.

Thanks

10. Derc

Derc New Member

#1 refers. I've just glimpsed 'unanswered threads', 6 of the 1st page of 30 were for general discussion, the rest were events or ads. Perhaps the mods could inject a shot of enthusiasm,
    as is the case in 'yorkshirehumour.com', 'Pudseybornandbred' and countless other local forums, Bradford had a nice tribute to both world wars. Is it so demanding to enable pictorials?
    LF and SF have the same gaffer and both sites are sensible and don't require policing as such.
    Speaking as a flexible dinosaur, I think we should cater for the young uns and sacrifice pedantic grammar, spelling and in some cases, decency and politeness, ouch!
    People will only respond if they feel the need to respond.
    I think I've earned a new green dress. lol

11. Leeds Forum

Can you clarify what you mean regarding the mods injecting enthusiasm? Do you mean they should be replying to the unanswered threads? Surely this is something that other users could be helping with as well as the mods? In terms of being pedantic, can you point me to some instances of where you feel that this has been the case (perhaps via PM rather than taking this thread off topic). Thanks

12. Derc

Derc New Member

Yes will do admin. Please treat 'unanswered threads'as a seperate item, I was merely pointing out, only 6 of the first 30 were answerable.
    Enthusiasm, as shown by Tech Reps, #1 should be encouraged by all don't you think?

13. BAZI

BAZI Member

I am still trying to figure out how one registers a domain with Google, can anyone help?

14. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

15. MrTempleDene

16. BAZI

BAZI Member

Many thanks Mr T

17. Daniell

Daniell Registered User

I googled Leeds Forum and I cannot see it.

18. BAZI

BAZI Member

The site is dancing, its known as the "Google Dance" the site is moving to different pages.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  19. Leeds Forum

Can someone search Google for "leeds forum" today and let me know where we appear - all results are dynamic these days, so it might vary.

20. MrTempleDene

21. MrTempleDene

and for me googleing leeds forum we are 3rd place as well